Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 F100 truck steering box

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by bewdley96, Jun 30, 2019.

1. bewdley96

bewdley96
    from UK

Hello from the UK i have a 1955 f100 panel van that the worm gear is chipped for steering box part number 3CC03 ,trying to find a new worm gear seems to be confusing depending which company i look at, some you can only buy the gear with the shaft, others you can buy the gear only due to shipping i need the gear only but the 1s that sell the gear only say it not for the yr yet when looking at other companys that sell the shaft with the gear the yrs cross over ,the companys are ecklers ebay,mac's autostores ,and the old ford store CA cheers paul beach .

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. bewdley96

bewdley96
    from UK

cheers for reply,
    yes that's the 1 i have looked at ,just pressed the worm off my shaft and found it's keyed onto the shaft ,wonder if this is why some come only with the shaft ,looking at worm only as shipping and duties to UK would expensive ,ie 11% outside EU and 20% VAT ,ie value added tax it can more than double the price of an item from the us now exchange rate is crap

4. sport fury

sport fury

if you could use a used one I have one you can have for free just pay shipping.

5. bewdley96

bewdley96
    from UK

cheers for the offer if all else fails will let you know but looks like you can buy just the worm ,the reason seems to be the length on the column depending on yr ,thanks again for the offer .