Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Model coupe trunk floor

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by chiro, Jun 15, 2019.

1. chiro

chiro

Hi all,

Bought a '30-'31 coupe body and sold the Tudor body off my hot rod because I always wanted the hot rod to be a coupe.

I need some ideas on fabricating a trunk floor area that will support a fuel tank and a battery, etc.

Anybody gots pics of what they did, materials used, etc.?
    Thx,
    Andy

2. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

Are you putting it on a 32 chassis or stock ?

3. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Heres mine. Tank is mounted to a cross brace/bulkhead between passenger area and trunk. Floor is just sheet metal cut and fitted in place. Battery is going to be a small unit sitting up on the inner fender well on the right side. A bit hard to see with all the junk in there!

20180414_215840.jpg

chiro likes this.
  4. grdra1

grdra1

Check out my thread "my new ride" Im just starting to fabricate trunk floor area although my car heavily channeled with chassis in trunk area. Im using 1.2 mm thick cold rolled sheet, Glen

5. jimgoetz

jimgoetz

This is how I did mine. Roadster on a Zd 32 frame but I would think it could work on any thing. Every thing mounted to the frame and after the body was on I made a plywood floor and battery box cover that isn't on in this picture. DSCN1150.JPG DSCN1176.JPG DSCN1182.JPG

chiro likes this.
  6. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

My coupe still has the stock sub rails but the frame is stepped so I built an outer frame with 1 1/2" angle iron and a raised 16 gauge floor. The gas tank sits on the original floor ahead of the raised section and the battery will be on the right side of new floor. In the picture with the sound deadener you can see the gas tank mounting holes, they go thru the sub rail.

Attached Files:

7. Ralph Moore

Ralph Moore

Mine came with no floor in rear. 32 frame, floor is part mine, part steadfast engineering. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. 32 roadster- cabri 014.jpg Gas tank sets on the lower floor to the left of the battery box
    32 roadster- cabri 001.jpg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  9. sloppy jalopies

sloppy jalopies

Pic #1 ; 12 gal. Tank from the front before the bulkhead was installed...
    pix #2+3 ; package tray lowered about 6"... bulkhead mounts to the front edge of the package tray...
    the slot is for the rear window to be up or half way down...
    pic #4 ; trunk floor from the rear... I kept the floor at the body's depth...

DSCN0618.JPG

. DSCN0740.JPG DSCN0741.JPG DSCN0881.JPG

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  10. Vic Walter

Vic Walter

I have recently rebuilt the entire floor of my 31 coupe and posted here. All is hand fabricated from 1/2 " square tube and 18 gauge mild steel sheet. I did plan on the rear most section being removable but the final location of my tank/battery mount makes that a little difficult.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/vics-coupe-rebuild.1103406/

11. Dino 64

Dino 64
    from Virginia

On a 32 chassis used the Steadfast kit[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.