Register now to get rid of these ads!

Complaint and Warning about Howell's Sheet Metal in TX!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dubbzilla, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Brentphx

Brentphx

I'm just curious on these threads why buyers don't just dispute with their credit card co?

Charge backs will do more damage to a seller than bad publicity on the Interwebs.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Tommy R

Tommy R

I'm in need of some patch panels and inner fenders for my coupe. I'm just hoping they have a display at the Round Up this weekend so I can drop some cash and walk away with them in hand! :)

3. HotRod31

HotRod31

I hate to, but I think I am going to dispute charges on my card. 2 months waiting on an A model bed( unassembled). I have left 2 messages & sent 2 emails in the last couple weeks and get no response . The invoice when I purchased it said allow 2 weeks for delivery, what a joke.

4. they set up a row over from me at the Pate Swap meet every year - a week or so ago....looked like plenty of stuff to go around.....

5. Voided

Voided

Over a month waiting on 28 chevy rockers and door headers. headers were in hand and was quoted a week before they rockers were made and sent out... Now no response for the next 3 weeks since the purchase. They fail to respond to my personal email, Paypal email and 2 different voicemail's

6. saltracer219

saltracer219

Two weeks ago I ordered the lower patch panels for my 27 touring front half for my modified. 2 Cowel panels, 2 rocker panels, and 2 center lower panels. They said that they would be shipped the same day, I recieved them 5 days later. Everything is good here. Again, this was stuff they had in stock, maybe the one off, odball stuff that they have to custom make is a different story. As for me I am totally happy with their parts and service.

7. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I hope some of the experts will drive down and forcibly apply for jobs. All these orders can be filled and the sun will come back out.
    Hope & change, gentlemen.:D

8. slack

slack

Is there a list on the HAMB in regard to businesses that operate in this manner. I seem to remember someone referring to a "caution" list or something like that? I don't want to get caught up in any garbage like this if I can avoid it. Nothing personal.

9. Tothewood

Tothewood
    from AZ

Well it's good to see some things never change. 4 months, a dozen unanswered e-mails, several phone calls and I still don't have parts but they have my 500 bucks. Worst customer service in the country. I would highly recommend for anyone NOT to deal with Howell sheet Metal. Complete thieves!

Mark Jenny likes this.
  10. Gman0046

Gman0046

With all the complaints why do people keep sending Howell their money?
    The definition of Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Gary

1knuckle and Truckdoctor Andy like this.
  11. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

Im going through the exact same thing!!

12. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

I never had a problem till now...the guy wont even answer his phone anymore

13. Been an ongoing problem for years with this guy.

14. 1knuckle

1knuckle
    from arizona

I wouldn't buy anything from these guys again. I ordered the 2 back panels for my 29 closed cab pickup, which he did send but they were not the same width. It looked like someone with very little experience pressed them out and I cannot believe he would even sell them. At this point I have to cut the panels and remove a quarter inch from the total width of the panel, so I can use them on my Model A that I am restoring, and I paid around 500 bucks with shipping for this sloppy workmanship. I called for 2 weeks and left a voicemail asking to exchange one panel so I would have a matched set. He would never answer the phone or return any of my messages. Buyer beware, these people are pathetic.

15. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

I've thought about ordering from them myself but decided against it.

I figured the parts they sell on eBay are parts peeps have either stopped payment on or returned after waiting months and finding parts elsewhere.

16. thomas.parker197

thomas.parker197

I miss the Cotton Gin!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk