Register now to get rid of these ads!

spammer overload

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 9, 2019.

1. I've reported more spammers in the last week as I have all year, has it got easier for them to target the Hamb? HRP

2. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

I dunno. I'm on two other boards and they almost never get any spam, here, it's all the time. Don't know what the difference is here, must not have the same kind of filter or something. Or maybe it's not turned on. Does get aggravating to see it all the time.

HOTRODPRIMER and Casey Riley like this.
  3. Casey Riley

Casey Riley
    from Minnesota

It's out of control. I started a thread a while back about this subject. I'm on several other forums, one of which I'm on the mod team and HAMB gets an absurd amount spammers thru the vetting process.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

It’s all in the numbers fellas .

The Websites with the most hits gets bombarded with spam.

The HAMB has been around for what about 18 years and gets thousands and thousands to 100’s of thousands hits per day.

You are seeing but a small fraction of spam compared to what the site is bombarded with.

If you did a comparison of websites and hits, the other websites are dwarfed compared to the HAMB.

Thanks for reporting the SPAM.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. If you only could get them to post in the classified using the APP.;)
    Joking aside, I report them when I see them and they usually don't last very long.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. There is no doubt about how fast the moderators delete the spam but they can't catch it all, I is nice to see the members not replying to the scammers and reporting them. HRP

wraymen likes this.
  7. Never2low

Never2low

Every time I see one I report it.
    Then I click report again. If the box comes back up, I wait 45 seconds, and report it again, so it disappears as a soft delete.
    If someone else has reported it, you get a notification telling you an error has occurred.
    Easy way to make sure it's gone right away.

Darryl Deir, Thor1 and Hombre like this.