Register now to get rid of these ads!

History AMBR 53

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by AMBR 53, Jun 7, 2019.

1. AMBR 53

AMBR 53

bymanr, Stogy, David Gersic and 5 others like this.
  2. Beautiful car,I get your wish.

3. Love this car, I know the wheels and tyres have been on the car for 40+ years but I do hope the new owner replaces them with the sizes that were on the car in 1953.

4. X-cpe

X-cpe

That's one of the cars that lit my fire. Still does. A 26/7 is what I was looking for when the '30 showed up with a title and an affordable price.

5. catdad49

catdad49

Still a Beauty!

OLSKOOL57 and lurker mick like this.
  6. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

This is THE '27 roadster...all the right stuff...launched me into a world of '27 T's!
    Dick Williams of Poli-Form fiberglass hot rod bodies formerly of Santa Cruz built a similar looking '27 roadster to promote business...
    I never asked him, is this your Dad? The same Dick Williams? Dick crashed at Bonneville in '85(?) and was in a body cast for months. He helped promote the LSR in Australia salt flats, too.

7. Agree that's one I think we all would love to have

Sent from my SM-J337V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crashed Vic Colvins steel 29 and they had to cut him out of it...damn shame.

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Hope one of the deep pocket guys here on the H.A.M.B. buys it to keep it in the Family

Stogy likes this.
  10. goldmountain

goldmountain

Are all of Blackie's cars on sale? While this is one of my all time favorite cars, the Emperor also rates way up there and also made of pure unobtanium.

11. All up 5 AMBR winners are up for auction "Dick Williams T", Chuck Krikorian "Emperor", Don Lokey "T plus 2", Jim Molino "Candyman" and Don Varner "California Star". https://www.mecum.com/auctions/monterey-2019/lots/featured/

BrerHair likes this.
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

'52 winner still in a shop in Nor-Cal , Bud Crackbon Shop Tour - Grass Valley March 2012 042 (Small) (2).jpg

Stogy, IronTrap and Jet96 like this.