Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Quality Auto Parts, Chicago

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Canuk40, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Canuk40

Canuk40

Has anyone dealt with this company? I had a strange and uncomfortable experience with than recently.

While searching for a Versailles rear axle assembly they turned up as the first result.

I completed their request form and the next day got a call from “Russel”. He told me they had 3 in stock but I had to hurry as they were going fast.

It was the Friday before the Memorial Day weekend so I told him I would contact him Tuesday to proceed. He quoted $2000 which I thought was high but included a warranty and shipping, so, I decided to got to the next step.

However, he insisted that I send him a copy of my drivers license and cc with only last four digits showing to confirm my Id.

Strange I thought. Over the weekend I became more cautious and less interested.

Come Tuesday I received 3 calls from”Russel” insisting I do the deal right away.

From then on he harassed me for three days with multiple calls and pressure to buy. I thought I was buying a time share.

After a revised quote of $3200 to ship to Canada, I decided to walk away.

But I continued to receive multiple calls even after I blocked his number.

All in all an unnerving experience.

Any thoughts on this?

2. uncleandy 65

uncleandy 65

Sounds like my health care provider

Texas Webb likes this.
  3. I think you did the right thing. The online reviews don't sound too good.
    Good luck with your build.

Phil

4. Fordors

Fordors

Good that you did not follow through on this deal for two reasons. Obviously it was some sort of scam but in addition the Versailles 9” is noted for having troublesome calipers and more importantly brake parts are practically nonexistent.

5. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Part of the Hoffman Group?

6. uncle buck

uncle buck

41rodderz and dirty old man like this.
  7. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Wow, you were very smart to avoid that transaction like the plague!
    That would be considered harassment in my book!
    Hope you find what you need closer to home.
    KK

8. Pressure/overbearing sales force/tactics, will make me run as fast as my legs can carry me..regardless of what it is, never to return.
    There is absolutely nothing I want bad enough to be insulted/treated in such a way.
    I would also report (and I have in the past) them to the states attorney general, if the calls persist.

9. Slopok

Slopok

If they sell that fast then he doesn't have to pressure you now does he???o_O

Stu D Baker likes this.
  10. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

^^^^^^ Exactly

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Those types pi.. me off to no end. Nigerian prince or not those people are out there in a town near you as well as the net . Glad you trusted your gut feeling.