Register now to get rid of these ads!

P 51 Mustang sighting

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mule Farmer, Jun 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

I would love to catch a pylon race one day, are they still racing P51s or have they just got too valuable to risk?

2. hayduke

hayduke

I visited the Commerative Airforce in Midland a couple years ago, it's just a few miles down the road from Jim Hall's Chapparal HQ (sadly Jim's place was closed that day) They were rebuilding FiFi at the time, one of the last flying B-29's...hard to appreciate how big they are til you see them up close...

Here's a lunched cylinder...
    [​IMG]

Their work area, notice the motor on the stand...

[​IMG]

and a cut-away of a mighty 4 row 36 cylinder beast...

[​IMG]

more pics here...

http://www.pbase.com/whit2/commerative_air_force

3. NoSurf

NoSurf

So amazingly- I read this thread this morning, and later when I was outside working in the garden, an old WWII fighter flew over to land in Abilene. Sounded so awesome.

I don't know what it was, but I know it wasn't a P-51 or P-40 or Corsair. It flew directly overhead. Is there a good website where I could maybe ID what kind of plane it was?

4. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

" Welcome Back Jack " [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

6. metalshapes

metalshapes

Why?

Whats so remarkeble about post #12?

You did a Dramatic Exit ( goodbye cruel world...), and now your back.

It seems you want to let people know, so why dont you do another Intro instead of interupting other Threads.

Afterall... You did leave...

7. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

I just dont get what the big deal is about.

You still dont get the connection.

You must be the only one on the planet that dosnt get it.

Who made you the post Nazi any way.

Dont go away mad just go away.......

8. Painterman

Painterman

I'm not licensed but I took lessons for a while. I also used to work at Chino airport and got to fly in a lot of cool stuff. I know you can't see me, but that's me in the rear seat of the Sea Fury. I did some paint work for the Sanders and got paid by taking an hour ride in the plane. That's one of the coolest things I've ever been able to do.

Attached Files:

• fury.jpg
      fury.jpg
      File size:
      31.3 KB
      Views:
  9. VanHook

VanHook

Was it their R-4360 powered fury? That thing has got to be a real kick in the pants! I got to go up in the mustang we have at the museum a coupla weeks ago, that was by far the coolest ride i have ever had! Chad

10. Painterman

Painterman

Unfortunatly no, you're talking about "Dreadnaught" Their Reno racer. That thing hauls ass!!! 4500 HP swinging a 14' propeller. She'll do 500 mph. Damn amazing!!

Attached Files:

• dn2.jpg
      dn2.jpg
      File size:
      51 KB
      Views:
    • dn.jpg
      dn.jpg
      File size:
      37.9 KB
      Views:
  11. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

It just explains things, geeze. I'm not going to be a member & not try to help when I can. I *tried* to get Ryan to delete my membership (you can't do it in the user control panel).
    Why the fuck do another intro? Did you even read the one I have?
    ~ Paul
    aka "Tha Driver"

I don't take shit; I don't give a shit. I'm not in the shit business.

12. [​IMG]

Yep... That's Tony...! I've got a couple of hours of Ride time in that very bird.

He usualy flys along with a buddy of his that has a T-33 Jet...!!! COOL as Hell!!!

Those weren't P-51's however it's a T-6 team of formation flyers... a couple of Harvards, T-6 with South Africa Markings, two Marine, and Army markings.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Occasionally they allow Arron Marshal up there with his Russian Yak to fly with them...![​IMG]

This past weekend I was Piloting a 1945 Dehaviland "Chipmonk"....! Just a nice clean light trainer that handles 6G positive and 3G negative aerobatics...!:eek:

13. flynstone

flynstone

hey driver,,,are those banshees and boats and go carts from the 40s did they help us get our freedom the birds are old you dont have to click on this thread.................sorry i know they are ot but not by much and it looks to me like your the only one..........

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

The link between Warbirds and Trad Hot Rods is obvious...

The Guys that flew and worked on them during WWII built the Hot Rods & Customs after the war, used surplus parts and the knowledge they gained...

Driver feels the need to be Dramatic, and is trying to fuck up a cool thread.

15. metalshapes

metalshapes

Here is a pic of a Plane being restored at the Pima Air Museum ( near to where I live ), so it can go on display.

I'm thinking of volunteering some time there, to help with that.

16. Beach Bum

Beach Bum

Looks like a Bristol Blenheim or a Bolingbroke medium bomber. Rare bird. There has been a lot of rare stuff being recovered from northwest Russia that has sat there untouched for 60 years. Me-109s, FW-190s, lend lease P-40s and Hurricanes and maybe best of all, a Brewster Buffalo from the Finnish Air Force that made a forced landing on a frozen lake with combat damage. Well, spring came, the ice melted and it went ot the bottom. When they pulled it up it was in very good shape including the paint. Last year they pulled a P-47 out of a lake in Austria in excellent shape. even the nose art was readable.

I love warbirds.

Cheers,
    Kurt

17. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

there are a bunch of old war birds near here at what was a military surplus place. Several L19 birddog observation planes some beechcraft observation planes and 8-10 T33 shooting stars also a few helicopters 4 old bells like on mash show rumor is that there are a few vietnam era gun ships under tight lock and key in one of the old buildings.when I was in trade school we had a p51 ground loop on the runway and endded up standing on its nose the plane was called toky fogo and I heard that the pilot owner was killed a few years later in it doing an air show

18. Tha Driver

Tha Driver
    BANNED
    from S.E. USA

I'M not the one that said this board was about anything "fast, loud, & with lots of horsepower"! ALL I said was is it too much toruble to put "OT" in the title? So now it's about *anything* from the 40's???
    SHEESH...
    ~ Paul
    aka "Tha Driver"

Every day of my life forces me to add to the list of people that can KISS MY ASS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.