Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

1949 Oldsmobile Series 76 Convertible

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by modelamac, May 21, 2019.

1. modelamac

modelamac

City: Quincy

State: Illinois
    Price: 20,000 obo
    All original RARE 1949 Oldsmobile Series 76 Convertible. Rare car around 1,700 made with the flathead 6 cylinder, hydromatic transmission. NO RUST, one owner. Car does need restoration, but does run, drive and stop. There are issues that need attention not lying, but it is complete it even has the spare tire in the trunk. The car is pretty straight for the most part it does have a small issue with the drivers side quarter behind the door, it does not effect the door or the way it opens or closes. I got the car running and driving around 9 years ago... I put a new gas tank in, NOS carburetor, rebuilt the brakes and master cylinder, also put on new tires 8 or 9 years ago, they might have a 1,000 miles on them. Original leather on the seats and top is still on the car, but it's old car interior and top. The car sat in a proper dry building from 1964 until the late 2000's.

I've had the car at the Hunnert Car Pile-Up, Torque Fest, Rust Revival... It's a great car and is or perfect candidate for restoration or just leave the patina. Perfect car for air ride as Oldsmobile's were coil spring front and trailing arms with coils on the back already!

The car does have some custom touches that were done by the previous owner... He drove this car in the 60's to high school, and when he graduated in 1964 his parents bought him a new Olds 442 so this car went into a building. the stripes you see on the grill are black tape? also all of the spark plug wires and different control rods under the hood have been wrapped with a plastic black & white type of ribbon/wire almost like bread tie... I've never seen anything like it... lol... it took some time though I can tell you that... anyway the car is what the car is...

It's Very rare you see Chevy's, Buick's and sometimes Pontiac convertibles, but you NEVER see Oldsmobiles... it's pretty cool if I say so myself.

If you're interested give me a call 573-406-7573, I'm asking $23,500 obo, the car will probably go on ebay later this week... I just need to move it.
    thanks Randy aka ModelAMac 561367_386124418090926_1172211040_n.jpg

Attached Files:

BrandonB likes this.
  2. modelamac

modelamac

weekly bump...

3. modelamac

modelamac

more photos... look how nice these floors are in this car.... 0-11.jpg 0-2.jpg 0-12.jpg 0-1.jpg 0.jpg 0-3.jpg 0-4.jpg 0-8.jpg 0-7.jpg 0-13.jpg 0-10.jpg 0-15.jpg

StillOutThere likes this.
  4. modelamac

modelamac

Let's change the price... how about $20k obo . The car is SUPER SOLID and would make a killer car pretty easy. call me, I need the room 573-406-7573 thanks Randy