Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage *****Chevrolet wins Indy*****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuces, May 26, 2019.

1. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

That race would have left one very big impression on a 14 year old boy !!!

Deuces likes this.
  2. RmK57

RmK57

The engines in NASCAR are limited to 550 hp, so really it's about how much you can push the rules and get away with it and not get caught. There are always teams, some of the bigger ones getting sent back of the pack at the start of the race. Nothing has really changed has it?

3. J53

J53
    from WI

Actually, doesn’t Arie Luyendyk hold the qualifying record of 237.498 (May 12, 1996) AND the fastest lap ever at IMS set a couple days prior in practice of 239.260 (May 10, 1996)?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

The photo doesn't do the Dean Jeffries applied candy and pearl paint job justice. This car sits in the museum, and is a nice looking car even with it's aged and weathered paint. I've told this story here before, but in October, 1999, I was at the museum, and as I was leaving, noticed they had pulled this car out into the parking lot for a photo shoot. It had started to rain, so it had a tarp tossed over the seat, and not a soul was around. It took every bit of restraint I had not to throw the tarp off of it, and jump in AJ's seat. Pretty sure this one is an actual Watson, but his 1961 winner was a copy built by Ohio's Floyd Trevis.