Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 39 vs 40 Ford chasis

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mercjoe, May 27, 2019.

1. mercjoe

mercjoe

Hi everyone.

Ive been offered a 40 coupe ( rolling chasis and frame basically with lots of parts ) and a torslly complete 39 tudor.

Would it be crazy to put the 40 coupe body on the 39 tudor chasis ? How different are they ?

Not only the 39 is running smoothly but going this path would also save me a headache because of the title. 39 is clean, not the 40.

Thanks for any help

2. 35 through 40 Frames are direct change over. Only a few brackets are different. Go to Wescott Auto restyling sight and find the Blueprint of it with differences marked out.

Hamtown Al and mercjoe like this.
  3. Your other post is about a 41 Coupe with photos. What one are you working on or do you have both? Big changes in 41. 41 also has a rear sway bar factory.

4. mercjoe

mercjoe

Thanks for the info man.
    41 is my current project, nit related to this post.
    Ive been offered today the 40 coupe and the 39 tudor from a guy I talked to last year and was still thinking about selling them or not. He"s now decided to go ahead and sell. Both for $15k

5. Sounds like your going to be busy.

mercjoe likes this.
  6. alchemy

alchemy

The clutch linkage is different and the pedals mount differently in the frames. If the 39 is a standard, maybe the radiator mounts on the frame are different (or am I way wrong here?).

7. I'm getting to Old to trust my memory but still young enough to remember this advice. When in "doubt, "Go to Wescott Auto restyling sight and find the Blueprint of it with differences marked out".

8. mercjoe

mercjoe

I just did and based on their blueprints the radiator mounts look to de the only difference.
    Alchemy might be right through about the clutch given transmissions are different??

9. According to my memory I believe the frame mount holes are the same for both 39 and 40 pedal units. The 39 and 40 actual pedal units are of course different and the 39 frame would not have the holes in the lower frame flange for the cross shaft pivot ball but that's small potatoes in the scope of things. I can verify that tomorrow with the actual hard parts.

mercjoe likes this.