Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Dave Crane's Drag Racing Museum !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Dave Crane

Dave Crane

Blazer......Battle Creek, Mi. 300 miles straight north of you on I 69.... Museum Dave

2. 93blazer4dr

93blazer4dr
    BANNED

ok thanks for the info dave but i dont think i can go this year maybe next year. you got alot of nice parts id like to have haha

3. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

glad to see your getting on here dave, you cannt let me have all the fun!

4. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Is this open to general public, or an invite only place? I'd love to go check it out.

5. jangleguy

jangleguy

You could get seriously injured, tripping over all of that cool stuff!

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Dave doesn't get on here too often so I guess I'll answer for him.
    It's his personal collection in his person garage on his own proporty so it's not open to the public. He does have parties a couple of times a year so you could crash one of those.:D

7. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Denise,
    Thanks for the answer, but I personally would not feel right crashing a party like that. I got Daves email address from his post on here, and was going to drop an email to him. I was going to inquire about going to his place and also if he recognised either my fathers 55 D/Gas or the other 55 gasser I bought while seeking my fathers car. Several guys told me about Dave and that he might know something about the cars, but none of them had any contact info. Thanks again, Al.

8. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Thanks you guys and Denise,
    I have plans to visit an old pal in Detroit next year, so hopefully it will happen around on eof those parties. Slim

9. ===============================================

Dave;

If you get "bored" ,ya can always come over and help me with my dragster..
    I hear I only have 6 months to get it ready..
    damn..better shut off the 'puter

Rick

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

He's a great guy and would LOVE to talk to about your Dad's race car and yours. In fact, I'm sure he'll invite you over to talk in person.

11. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Holy CRAP!!!!! (pants tight) That is AMAAAAZING!!! :eek:

12. TimberwolfFXDL

TimberwolfFXDL

Hope you guys don't mind if I bump this thread. I was reading some other articles on JJ and it made me think to google Dave's name, and what do you know, my search led me right back here!

Dave's son Bill was my best friend in HS back in the late 80s. All this stuff in the museum was in another garage just a few blocks away from where he's at now, and it was certainly not open to the public at that time. I remember Bill showing it to me one day, and I was in heaven! I grew up a gear head, helping my dad wrench from the time I was old enough to walk. I couldn't believe Bill wasn't really interested in this stuff at all!!

I remember Dave moving into the house where he's at now (and the location of the museum... 440 Goguac St. Being that he was a huge mopar fan I mentioned the coincidental nature of the house number and he told me that it wasn't a coincidence. "Do you know how long I had to look to find a house with the right house number?!"

hahaha... I haven't been there in several years. Lost touch with his son for the most part. I may have to swing by, as we still live in the same town.

13. I'm sure Dave and Cora would love to have you visit.

14. Tin Lizzie

Tin Lizzie
    from Ohio

Anyone been to Dave's recently or know how he's been feeling ?

Stogy likes this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm comforted in knowing I have one thing in common with this very cool collection...a lawn tractor...:D

I hope all involved in this one from the archives are doing okay.

16. Last edited: May 27, 2019