Register now to get rid of these ads!

cab swap 1963 chevy truck to a 1965 chevy truck. Possible???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by karl riehs, May 21, 2019.

1. karl riehs

karl riehs

i have a 1965 stepside chevy truck with a lot of cancer in the normal spots and a pristine 1963 cab on a big flat bed truck not sure of model a 1-1/2 ton or larger. Cabs look the same can I swap them?

2. Have you measured the length of the hubs center to center? Now, measure the width of the frame rails, and see how far off they are... Maybe, lean back a little and shut one eye and if the cabs too big you might be able to section it. Naw, I think you'd be better off just doing a few patch panels and clean up the rust.

3. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Cabs are the same size. The cowl piece might have to be changed to match your fenders, big truck fenders are different.

4. Cabs cowls exactly the same. only difference is the big trucks all have a high hump bolted in center floor pan to clear the stick in the floor truck transmissions.

5. karl riehs

karl riehs

thanks for all the info. I just bought a 1976 K5 blazer been in a barn since 1993 so the 65 swap will be pushed back or sold. The Blazer was a one owner, owned by DR. like new inside outside looks great except for 1/2 inch of Alabama red dirt.

6. F-ONE

F-ONE
    from Alabama

Well, that was quick.

Hnstray likes this.
  7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

8. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doors are different but from what I remember the cabs should be basically the same otherwise.