Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Ford Jalopy

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by edwardlloyd, Dec 12, 2018.

1. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

City: Ebermannstadt in Germany

State: International (Australia, Canada, etc...)
    Price: 25000
    I've decided to sell my Jalopy which I built for myself last year.
    It's a 1929 Ford-A with narrowed frame.
    It features a Model-A four banger engine (which was overhauled about 5000 miles ago but probably could do with going over again). It's got a unique water pump adapter to set the Model-T fan lower down. Wild header design. Aftermarket intake manifold with a Stromberg 97 carb.
    The Model-A transmission has been overhauled and some of the gears are new.
    The rear axle is an early 1932 Model-B with reversed bells to lower the rear. It has a new ring and pinion fitted. Torquetube is Model-A.
    Brakes are 1932 Ford mechanical all round. They work very well but won't outbrake a modern car obviously.
    The steering column and box is from a RHD 1932 Ford. (it was either that or no starter motor) Steering wheel is early Model-T.
    The front axle and split bones are 1932 Ford. Wheels are 1932 Ford 18" with new tires all round.
    The body is hand made out of steel and the cowl and windshield are from a 1915 Ford-T.
    Instrument cluster is from a 1929 Marmon. (Not functional)
    The Lloyd Stationwagon seat folds forward to access the new 12V battery. Interior panels are originals from a 1932 Duesenberg J.
    The fenders are removable and are made from pre-war skis. The rear brackets are 1932 Duesenberg J conrods.
    The radiator shell is hand made with an insert from Pines Winterfront.
    It seats two and has a small trunk which also houses the aluminium gas tank. Seat belts are fitted.
    It's not fast, but faster than a stock Model-A. I reached 57mph at Pendine Beach in Wales this year.

The car is registered in Germany. The price is 22.000 Euros.

Attached Files:

Dannerr and 34 GAZ like this.
  2. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Now reduced to €18,000. This car is registered with historical registration and is eligible for all European historical events.
    Pendine, Finsterwalde, Romo, etc.
    Ran 92km/h at Pendine.

Sent from my SM-G935F using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Bump for Spring