Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go ahead and hate me... I just saw "Cars"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4t64rd, Jun 8, 2006.

1. moves

moves

my wife and i just got back ,and we loved it. It could be one of my favorites:)

2. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

i want a hudson now great movie any one want to go tractor tipin?

3. GamblinAJ

GamblinAJ
    from Corona Ca

Since when is computerized animation a cartoon????I thought the HAMB was a website for traditonalist??? I am sure if I had a child I would take them. I don't, so for now I will stick with hand drawn stuff. The style of the hand drawn cartoons that the Fleisher Bros, Warner Bros, Otto Messmer and a list of others did will be hard for anyone to do again.

4. Wow. We're arguin' about cartoons?

If you want to see it, go see it. You don't need kids to enjoy animation of any sort. Heck, some types aren't even made for kids. If you don't want to see it, then go out in the garage and work on the car, hide under your rock, whatever it is you'd rather do.

Personally, I like to pick out all the little things they stick in there for adults anyhow. Anyone ever notice the "keigelsizer" in a gym in one episode of Futurama, complete with someone working out on it?

5. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just got back from seeing it, what a cool movie. Loved the flake detail in the paint jobs. Even the scenery is awesome, lets all go carve 30s cars into mountains.............

Doc.

6. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

All I can say is Doc looked kick ass in his full race paint and wide dirt tires at the end!
    Hudson hornet kicks ass!

heheh I loved the movie too, I expected it to be good and went in with high expectations, and it was even better than I had thought!

Scot

7. Sean

Sean

I saw it Friday morning at screening for work. What a way to start the day!
    Great film. Part way through the movie I had forgotton I was watching CGI. Good job. I will add this to the DVD collection for sure.

Jay, you guys must of had a blast doing all of the research for the film. Did I see your name in the voice talent credit? Give it up, which car are you?

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I can't wait. Supposed to go see a movie tonight with a gal... guess what I'm suggesting?

9. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Took my wife and daughter to see it last night at midnight...my daughter is 28 and my wife is, um, a little older, they both liked it. In fact we all laughed our asses off and marveled at the animation; it was truely awesome!!! The best part was there was only five people in the theater, and we were three of the five!!!!

10. myke

myke
    from SoCal

I saw it. It was great.

11. hutman

hutman

Saw "CARS" last night.IT WAS GREAT! The references of RT.66 were incredible.As the credits roll, they show the inspirations for each business in "Radiator Springs". All i can say is Thanks, Pixar And all the HAMBers who helped.:)

12. spicoli

spicoli
    BANNED
    from in a house

seen it at the glendale 9 drive in last night. car couldn't make it to tucson after the road trip to tombstone. cool movie. got there an hour early and the lot was almost full. more cars still rolled in after the begining. had to take the misses car cause am radios dont work to well at the new technological advanced drive in's. whew that was a big word.

13. Doug F.

Doug F.

Just saw Cars with the wife and 11-year-old-daughter this afternoon. We all thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend it to anyone of any age.

14. kentucky

kentucky

In case anyone don't get the hint, Go see this movie! It was great. We took our 4 year old to see it today, I must say I enjoyed it more than he did. If nothing else it is a work of art, just noticing all the details like the flies etc...the tractors were great and looked suspiciously like Case 400's. I rarely go to the movies, but it was worth the admission. Great job Pixar! The imagination that goes into these movies is incredible!

15. Am I the only one that thought the twins flashed their...uhm..."twins" at Lightning? No complaint here, lol, thought that was kinda cute :p

16. John B

John B

If I had to describe the movie with one word...I'd pick Vivid...or would it be Detailed...or maybe it should be ....

Oh hell, there's no one word to describe this movie for me.

We went to the Judy Drive In just north of Mt. Sterling,KY. on friday night to see CARS. The lot at the theatre was packed and it was almost a party atmosphere. Chris , the owner and projectionist, was showing me the extra stuff that Pixar sent out to the projectionist to ensure a quality presentation of their movie. The studio even sent out a set of collector cards made just for the guy running the projector. Chris is also a car guy and a member in the same car club as me, so he was really excited about this movie.

I was impressed that they recruited Michael Wallis to voice the Sheriff. If you don't know who he is, he's the author of Route 66: The Mother Road . Many people consider him to be the authority on the history of Rt. 66.

The fact that the creators of this movie took the time to involve car people in the production of this film speaks volumes to me.

I could go on and on but I won't. I will say that I couldn't imagine watching this movie for the first time anywhere but at a Drive-In.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Two words:------Academy Award ------ We saw it last night at 7:00 it was showing in two of the 10 theaters in the local cinemaplex both the 10:00 and 10:30 shows were sold out. The detail work is great, thanks to everyone that worked on this project!:D

18. Ramblur

Ramblur

Took the wife and our 49 Hudson to the Silvermoon Drive In Fri. night.
    Don't think we've ever had that many kids around the Hudson before.
    Great movie,perfect weather,and a good time had by all.:)

19. loogy

loogy

Great movie, especially for the details. I loved the 1967 Lincoln Continental station wagon (The King's wife). What a cool car.

20. Rob Kozak

Rob Kozak

I caught that in the movie. The Wife and I took my 3 yr old to the drive in for it. The wife had no clue what I was telling her.
    The drive in we were at had a few 50's cars there. I tried to talk to the guys but none knew of the HAMB. The drive in also brought in a circle track car and a a rail. They started em up right after the national anthem.

21. Scott

Scott

Just got back from the movie. I loved the "scenery" It makes me want to get back out on 66 to places like Seligman and Williams. The town reminded me of a place in utah called Mexican Hat

[​IMG]
    Which is the gateway to Monument (Ornament) Valley

I got a kick out of the scene where all the lady cars were waiting in line at the restroom

22. Speaking about all of the layers of details...did anyone notice the flathead in the movie?

23. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

Just got back from seeing the flick.It was absolutelyfrickn' fantastic! I loved the little VW Bug flies. The details were amazing!

24. 31modelo

31modelo

Took junior and I think I liked as much as he did. If you are to old for cartoons then sell your hotrods and get a town car or something.

25. hiway7

hiway7
    from Socal

Man what a great movie. I loved seeing that old Merc cop car backfire like that. :)

26. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I about fell over when the Sheriff said, "BOY, yer in a heap a trouble." :D

I loved it all. I wish Flo and the other Mopars would have been more realistic like the '59 Chevy, but it was pretty obvious what they were going with, since she had '57 Plymouth hubcaps with little ForwardLook arrows. ;)

I loved it, a big thanks to the people here that helped with production and everyone at Pixar.

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah... it was a GREAT movie... My favorite part was all of the amazing logos those guys came up with... I would kill for a nice still of the LA Speedway logo they briefly showed during the final race... GREAT stuff man.

28. skumbag

skumbag

great movie, i'll be buying it when it comes out on dvd! :D

matt

29. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Maybe Flo was a GM concept car, she had 60 Buick front fenders.

"Low and slow baby."

30. Took my daughter to see it for a Sunday Matinee. WOW!

I'll be taking all the kids to see it this Friday at the drive in....