Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods john deere paint problem

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chevythedoggy, May 11, 2019.

1. chevythedoggy

chevythedoggy
    from Ottawa

trying to spray john deere low gloss blitz black paint looks like it has tiny seeds in it when laying down on test panals that have been primed tried differant primers no deal ...trying to find out why ,sprayed it out a few years ago on a few cars great .using john deere reducer slowly adding it as instruction 4 to 1 ratio thinking bad batch or maybe froze in transit here in canada any input frustrating i also see valspar making it now tried contacting there tech line USELESS as ussuall tried another new quart same deal

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

3. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Did you thoroughly shake/agitate the color and strain into the cup?

4. BJR

BJR

Were you mixing it with a catalyst or harder? If so your harder is bad.

5. chevythedoggy

chevythedoggy
    from Ottawa

yep tried 2 differant quarts and reducer cans does not take hardener double strained it shook on machine

6. That's called "seedy paint" === Old and pigment broke down. Throw it out

7. FLATROCKER

FLATROCKER
    from nw ohio

I got a bad batch from the dealer last year . was very thick stringy. Was sitting on shelf too long. Get a new can of paint and stir or shake well before using. I used John deeres Valspar hardner with slow acylic enamel reducer with great results.Make sure paint and hardner are fresh batches.

8. xsquiden

xsquiden

My friend that worked for deere tried 3 cans before he actually got a good one. they had been sitting on the shelf for a long time farmers around here dont normally paint anything unless its in aerosol cans.