Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical What is this front end?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Falkenracing, May 10, 2019.

1. Falkenracing

Falkenracing

Have a q regarding my present front axle and the, should be, replacement.

The axle on my car is a -37 i-beam acording to previous owner. Due to various reasons I picked up a spare to get some other parts, and now that I compare them they are not very similar at all.
    Any of the gurus in here that can spot what I got going here? Uploaded some pics, if anyone think they need a different view, I can try and snap new pictures tomorrow.

Attached Files:

2. belle

belle

the black axle with the holes drilled is `37-`41 , the rusty one with spindles/brakes on it is `33-`36

Falkenracing likes this.
  3. Falkenracing

Falkenracing

That was quick, thanks alot man!

One small rookie question left then, will the spindles I've been running on the -37 axle fit the older one as well? I'm guessing yes, and will be able to meassure later on, but if you have the answer on hand you can save me the time

4. Yes, spindles will interchange. Perch pin boss height is 2" on the 33-36 axle, 2.25" on the 37-up axle.

Falkenracing likes this.

5. Falkenracing

Falkenracing

It was the perch pin difference that caught my attention at first, So that one I have allready figured out, but thanks a ton anyway

6. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

These pic's will probably help you solve your dilemma

Axles 1972_June_Street-Rodder_005.jpg Axles.jpg

Deuces likes this.