Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Help tell me what gm motor this is

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kevinbosch711, May 4, 2019.

1. Kevinbosch711

Kevinbosch711

Another question is there anyway to try to block some heat from the motor coming into the cab ? Like maybe some heat wrap on the fire wall or anything motors so close to cab you heats the cab up will be cool in winter time but miserable in summer

2. Kevinbosch711

Kevinbosch711

What is that ? Like fan ? I wanted to do ac but so much

3. ............Dyna mat or some other foil backed heat shield.

4. Stock original outside air connection and fan. Somebody blocked off your air intake on the passenger side and disconnected and removed the outside air damper. I can't see the driver's side but it may be disconnected also

5. Dynamat helps a little bit with sound attenuation and vibration suppression but hardly anything relative to insulation for heat transmission. You could try a couple or three layers of Jute padding. Use 3M 38808 spray glue.

6. Kevinbosch711

Kevinbosch711

Really you have any pictures of yours ? I’ll send more of cab and under hood
    So that pretty much came stock on car to let outside air flow threw the cab

7. Kevinbosch711

Kevinbosch711

Does anyone have a motor like this ? Wondering a few questions about starting it when hot , when it’s cold I pump gas 2 times and starts easy every time then when it gets hot it’s hard to start have to crank it over for a while is there any special methods you use ? No gas ?

8. Its most likely the new gas that's Is doing that. The new gas has a higher alcohol content than it once did. So now when things are hot under the hood and you've been driving it, it can sort of boil off in the carb and when you go to start it again, there is little if any fuel in the carb to start it with. Plus vapor lock can happen in the line to the pump with excess heat in the engine compartment. I'd bet you have an edelbrock carb on it. Every one I use anymore seems to do that. Try putting a heat insulating carb spacer between the carb and the intake, that should help it some.

9. squirrel

squirrel

As well as the insulator, you can try different starting techniques when it's hot. Some of them need you to hold the throttle down all the way while you start it, to clear a flood (that's when the fuel boils into the intake manifold, and there is too much fuel, you need to get a lot of air in the engine to mix with all that fuel). Some need to leave the gas pedal alone, some might need it pushed just a little bit and held there.