Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1935 Plymouth Project

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Wolfman1935, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Wolfman1935

Wolfman1935

Finally back on my project. I did an S10 front clip with my buddy (RIP) but that was a mistake, lessoned learned. The original frame was basically shot so not that bad of a decision....but now since I don't have the cash get a built frame I'm gonna use a 37 Plymouth frame, of course with some mods to make it fit. I'll post as I go.... IMG_20190428_111621.jpg

BigO likes this.
  2. Good luck with your project..here's a pic of my old '35, I sold years ago[​IMG]

3. Wolfman1935

Wolfman1935

Thank you! That's a nice ride...

4. fortynut

fortynut

An early Plymouth coupe needs a Hemi. Not a Chevy, Ford, small block Mopar this or that; but a Hemi be it a Red Ram, Industrial, or any of the others. Keep that in mind, even if you have to settle on something else; opportunities may arise and you will be able to take advantage of them.

Your particular year make and model makes it a keeper. Front clip frame grafts we're once more common, a d worked well. There are also many who employ the Mustang II and the parts and cross members that make installation a breeze. Low on bucks but have welding chops you might look at. the what Paul Horton and his shop in Canada offers. There are others. Speedway carries parts to complete the package. Good Luck and clear sailing.

scrap metal 48 and Wolfman1935 like this.

5. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Cool project.. I think you'll be glad you're using the Plymouth frame...

Wolfman1935 likes this.
  6. gene-koning

gene-koning

Hopefully the frame you have came as a roller and the front and rear suspensions are usable.
    Hemi's are expensive. It doesn't need one to be a fun car. Gene

Wolfman1935 and RMR&C like this.
  7. Wolfman1935

Wolfman1935

That's great input! Thank you!

8. Wolfman1935

Wolfman1935

Yea I agree...sticking with the Plymouth Frame....

scrap metal 48 likes this.
  9. Wolfman1935

Wolfman1935

Unfortunately the frame I got wasn't a roller...just bare bones....I have some homework to do for sure....

10. JJ’s66

JJ’s66

Recently my Dad and I went to go see a 37 Plymouth we were going to purchase. It looked great in the pictures but when we got there I saw it had extreme structural rot. It was rusted both sides and rear along the entire edge of the car. It was so bad that you could see the frame through it. We ended up letting this one go as it was more work then we cared for. Is that a normal area where these Plymouth’s rust ?? I was afraid that once we started taking the car apart there would not be much left to sit back on the frame rails and all main structural areas were completely rotted away.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Wolfman1935 likes this.
  11. Wolfman1935 likes this.
  12. Wolfman1935

Wolfman1935

It all really depends on where the car is located as far as weather goes....my car had the typical rust like on the quarters...rocker panels and some on the trunk lid ...but normal rust is on the quarters for sure.

13. Wolfman1935

Wolfman1935

That's awesome!...I'm moving a little slow with the mods right now as I'm trying to finish my Gantry so I can lift the Body up and down so I can fit the frame as I cut...I'll post pics here soon....

14. Wolfman1935

Wolfman1935

Narrowed the frame about an inch in the back to fit and it fits nice and snug....still on it....

Attached Files: