Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help Identify

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 67pickup, Apr 30, 2019.

1. 67pickup

67pickup

Please help me identify this body if possible. The windshield mounts are different than anything I have found. Thinking its possibly an early dodge brothers based off these mounts.

2. j hansen

j hansen

3. ElZilchoTX

ElZilchoTX

I don’t see any pictures...

4. 67pickup

67pickup

[​IMG][​IMG]
    forgot to add these

5. oj

oj

Dunno, very nice shape but don't think its a Dodge because they were rounder at the windhield, like the radius at the firewall continued right up to the windshield if I recall right. I like the above, long cowl will be nice and roomy for your legs to stretch out so you could sit low in it without looking over the top of the windshield. Make a killer modified out of it.

Hnstray and 67pickup like this.
  6. oj

oj

A clue to its origin might be in its' gas tank. It looks like the tank would have been low and possible behind the cab? That means the engine had a fuel pump, most engines back then were gravity fed, no pump, and the tank was above the float in the carb.

7. alchemy

alchemy

I don't know what it is, but I recognize the back panel as the same as I used for my T modified project. I only had the seat back panel, nothing else.

8. 67pickup

67pickup

Thank you for all the fast responses. I found a few more images that I had from the day I went to get it, more pictures never hurt. The body bent in the center when carried out of the feild, which is why the straps are around the body in the previous images.
    upload_2019-4-30_9-24-0.png
    [​IMG]

9. squirrel

squirrel

Didn't have the rear part when you got it? (looks like a touring car, because of the robe rail on the back of the seat, as well as the unfinished look of the back sides)

lurker mick likes this.
  10. dwollam

dwollam

Nope, not Dodge.

Dave

11. 67pickup

67pickup

Nope, what you see is what I have. From what I was told this body was on the property when the guy purchased it. He had no idea what it was and just wanted it gone. So I am now the proud owner of whatever it is.

12. exterminator

exterminator

13. Nope. Not Studebaker.

14. 100 years old. 1919 Oakland tourer. Get stuck into it.:cool:
    1919 Oakland.jpg 1919 Oakland tourer,,.jpg 1919 Oakland tourer.JPG 1919 Oakland tourer ,.JPG

flatford39 and Squablow like this.
  15. fordrodsteven

fordrodsteven

16. Dang, I really wanted to say it! Lol.

Neat looking ride

17. The car in the pic 34 Gaz posted has wooden body structure, yours doesn't. Could be a different model or year.......
    Looks a lot like the Overland touring body I have. Any number tags on it?

18. Squablow

Squablow

Impressive ID job 34 GAZ! Neat body, would make a cool basis for a T style rod.

19. squirrel

squirrel

the shape of the body line at the top of the doors is different, among other things.

I dismissed that one as not the right car, when I was searching...

20. I'm going with Dodge Brothers based on the way the doors are hinged and the full steel welded construction, Dodge used VERY VERY little wood if any in their early cars. The door hinges just sit on the inner part in the jamb and they lift up and off. When i bought my 25-26 Dodge , the guy had a early 20's Dodge Brothers touring that looked very much like your body. That's just what I think it is, late teens, very early 20's. Mitch.

21. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I can identify it as Cool!

22. squirrel

squirrel

here's a 20 Dodge touring, compare. I dont think it's a match, but I could be wrong

dodge.jpeg

[​IMG]

23. Hmmm, its got the exact same dash as the Oakland but the full steel structure has me guessing. It's something,,, that's for sure...Mitch.

24. 67pickup

67pickup

No numbers on it that I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. For 67pickup, See the same small indentation, same curved bracket, same big cross X bead in the firewall and ofcourse the recess for the big horn. Wood or steel body frame could be a year thing.
    engine 1.jpg

26. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

It's in nice shape especially considering it's 100 years old!
    Will make into a nice early style puddle jumper.