Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 stuff out of hand-what in Tarnation is going ON?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbillydeluxe, May 30, 2006.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Question is does he have a spare closed car forward roof section and windsheild posts? A full closed car cowl would be too much to ask for.:D

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...Bob, the new Hamb Deuce Whore...:D I'll keep an eye out for one...

3. snortonnorton

snortonnorton
    from Florida

talk about gold-chainers on ebay.. wow.

i thought the insane lust for hemi's and other muscle cars of the 60's and 70's would bring the price and desire for old fords down.

jesus was i wrong... but 600,000 dollars for a cuda? does that not take money out of the market? guess not.

basicly, i'm screwed

4. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

All you Deuce guys hang together like the MAFIA ... :D
    You guys are worse than a pack of wolves ... ;)

5. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

3 Window Larry: Not loaded, getting old. Started buying 32s when they were cheap. Just can't help myself, building dueces gets to be a habit. Incidently, I've had my chopped 3 window for 30 years and it still isn't finished. Yours is tits.

6. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"All you Deuce guys hang together like the MAFIA ...
    You guys are worse than a pack of wolves ... "
    Yep, top of the foodchain...:)

'37, can you use a Salesman's manual dimensional sideview of a Vicky??
    Found a Salesman's book, found a speedster body catalog, found a Model A close-ratio Ruxtell trans book, STILL cannot find filthy damn Ambler leaflet.
    It was battered, and I suspect I carefully tucked it inside some banger book to straighten it out. I have had a LOT of discoveries of forgotten Fordiana looking for it! It's yours whenever--will put a codicil on it in my will, if necessary.

7. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I'm in the market for a new stepfather, if any of you guys are in need of an heir...

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

...thanks bubba...if you ever feel the need to lighten your load...;)

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

"All you Deuce guys hang together like the MAFIA ...
    You guys are worse than a pack of wolves ... "
    Yep, top of the foodchain...:)
    .........what does Kevin Lee's signature say?...'I eat meat'...:D and Danny, I don't need another mouth to feed, thank you...:p

10. trey

trey

They are status symbols. Want to feel important? Spend 100k on an 'important' car. Then you can tell you friends, "I own a survivor 32 Ford." That term has already been worn out as it is, so go for it. I know not all people who own a 32 are this way, but I'd be willing to bet about 75% are.

I personally will probably never own one. If I had my choice of 1 car for 100k, or 10 cars for the same price, I'm going with the 10.

There should be a new policy, when you buy a complete 32, it should come with a complimentary cry baby doll.

trey

11. AESOP'S FABLES: THE SOUR GRAPES

A hungry fox noticed a juicy bunch of grapes growing high on a grapevine. He leaped. He snapped. Drooling, he jumped to reach them, but try as he might, he could not obtain the tasty prize.

Disappointed by the fruitless efforts he'd made to get the grapes that day, he said, with a shrug, to comfort himself, "Oh, they were probably sour anyway."

12. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

HA HA HA HA :D I like that Mike!!
    To all the guys that have the 32's Congratulations !! For what it would be: Hard work, early buy,Good tin hunting or just luck!! Congratulations.. You don't have to spend a arm and a leg to get one, just when you say they are all gone one shows up!! Keep hunting and you'll find one!

13. Slate

Slate

32 guys should be happy there were about 30,000 or so made. Try finding parts at reasonable prices for a car where there were only about 3,000 made total - like the Cord parts I try to find.

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

I must be one of the Foxes that is taking fallen grapes and cutting off the rotten sections to get a full bowl. .............Still digging, there must be over the door roof sections in here somewere.:rolleyes:

15. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

NOTHING wrong with that ... and I hope you find all the parts and pieces ...

I think I can speak for the most of the 32 guys here ... when I say that ...

Most of the 32 guys here ( Fab32, Tommy, Bruce Lancaster, Hotrodprimer, Kylon 32, 3W-Larry, Scarry Larry, Continental John, Cabriolet Highboy, Viper 32, myself and the ones I missed ) are just regular guys who have bought their 32's a piece and part at a time or bought them a long time ago. With work, planning, determination and a little good luck ... these folks have gotten the 32 stuff they have. No one ( that I know of ;) ) wrote Boyd, Chip or Brizio a fat check to build them a car. It was like Johnny Cash sang about ... one piece at a time ...

Just be prepared to be called a snob, a gold chainer or worse ... ;)

16. gbgh

gbgh

Tell me about it! I've never been able to get my head around the fact that theres like, a $5-6K difference between a Brookville Abone and a Brookville 32 Roadster1 That's a whole car!!

17. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Well said Deuce Roadster!!! and with all this talk of 32's I found one last night :D Local guy had a 1932 truck , 1970's build/project and it only 30 miles away . The big plus it was only a few thousand Cheesebugers and little to no rust! But it needs the front seat , bed and gate, hood and it's apart a bit.. So they are out there at a reasonable price like a model A.. It just harder to find like a Cord! So who's got some truck parts:D

18. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

For me its a waiting game, I know of an original roadster and a 3w. One day one or the other (or both) will be for sale...and I'll be ready.

I'll just have to explain to my daughter about what happened to her college fund....

19. Andy

Andy

Got a pair of welled front fenders with the brackets!

20. 32 owners rate right along side of corvette and tri 5 chevy snobs..I am gonna build a 46 plymouth

21. damn son - don't carry around a chip on your shoulder or anything like that.

22. Mike

Mike

Shit, I own a '32 pick up project, a '32 Tudor, a '57 Chevy 2 door sedan and a '57 Chevy Sedan Delivery. I never realized what a big time snob I am. Thanks for enlightening me.:rolleyes:

23. henry

henry

It's the biggest craze since choppers, spit-balls, and sunday morning hand jobs everbody wants a 32 it's the new thing!

24. It pains me to read some of the shit you guys dream up with such little knowledge about what is what.

Sam.

25. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

HA HA HA so then can I buy Your 32 :D

26. 2-TONED

2-TONED

TRUE! - BUT 32's were the HOT thing to own right from the 'get go' its nothing new. HOT STUFF all along & always will be 32's & 3's & 4's its really self explanatory just look at em! :D - any 32-3-4 3 window is a work of art. ------------
    expensive parts & pieces today but will seem real cheap in the future.

27. repoguy

repoguy

Uhhh, so what some of you guys are saying is that the guys with MONEY get their pick of all the good stuff????

When did this happen???

Why didn't I get the memo???

28. tinmann

tinmann

Car guys fall into one of two groups.....

.... those that have a '32

.... those that want a '32 (secret desire counts here)

I have several and am damn glad I bought when I did.

29. And, it sounds like, those that can afford it.

30. 2-TONED

2-TONED

HAHHAAAA I LIKE IT! deuces always ruled! love reading all the little mags (oldies) its deuce deuce deuce deuce & more deuces. the car to have alllllllll along & still going strong.
    HEY there are thousands still sitting waiting to be found all over the country so anyone can end up with a cheapy.