Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage spring jefferson whos going

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racer-x, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Speed~On

Speed~On

I will see you there, John!

loudbang likes this.
  2. Speed~On

Speed~On

Hey Gene, I found your guy....actually I heard him before I spotted him. I was making my way through when from a few isles over I heard his horns.

20190426_181008.jpg

20190426_133138.jpg

loudbang likes this.
  3. Speed~On

Speed~On

4. Speed~On

Speed~On

5. Speed~On

Speed~On

6. Speed~On

Speed~On

7. Speed~On

Speed~On

I myself did not do too well at Jefferson. Yes, there was a lot of cool stuff there, but nothing I needed. I thought I would find atleast half the stuff on my modest list....but not even 1 item.

Of course I bought shit I dont need, like a cool vintage blow torch and a vintage oiler. The oiler works, so I'll put it to good use. These were only a couple dollars combined.

20190426_210635.jpg

I found a few Hotwheels redline rescue rangers for my boy.
    20190426_210724.jpg

I thought this W. State Patrol badge looked cool and it was cheap. It's still in the sealed package from Blackington Badge Co. My son will get a kick out of it....that's all I bought...oh, and a sun burn.

20190426_210702.jpg

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    continentaljohn and loudbang like this.
  8. A Boner

A Boner

Might go on Saturday......see if I can find a cheap snowblower!

9. MO54Frank

MO54Frank

Thanks for the pics. I'm sorry I'm missing it. I went on Saturday in 2010 and 2011 as I was living in Fond du Lac at the time. Had a great time. Largest swap meet I ever been to. Haven't been since I moved back to IL.

Speed~On and loudbang like this.
  10. gene-koning

gene-koning

Speed On, that would be the guy I was hoping to find. Thank you!
    The way it looks, I might not be able to get away from my house tomorrow! We are suppose to get 3" - 5" of snow by tomorrow evening, I hope they are wrong. This sucks!

I'm planning on leaving here Sunday morning to pick up a 49 Dodge pickup I bought. I'm going south, but it will be real fun leaving home pulling a trailer with 5" of snow on the ground. Gene

loudbang likes this.
  11. Speed~On

Speed~On

No problem, Gene. Definitely more people in attendance yesterday, when compared to previous Fridays at Jefferson. Most people are getting their Spring Jefferson experience on Friday this time due to the impending snow. The forecast estimates 5-8" today, wtf!

As long as next Fri and Sat are decent for Vintage Torque Fest in Iowa.

loudbang likes this.
  12. fuzzface

fuzzface

Auction was a bust this year. Very few items showed up and I went to the swap right away at 10.

Nice to see old friends I haven't seen in a while. Spent most of the day there. Not as nice as I remember it but it was ok. Car corral was really small and was expecting more older stuff in it but I understand time changes as the years go along.

Zettle Bros. and loudbang like this.
  13. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

No 29-34 ford coupes or two door sedan hot rods?

loudbang likes this.
  14. Just left. Got a few things. Almost half of the vendors are gone. It's a ghost town. Snow is on the way.

loudbang likes this.
  15. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Been snowing here that last hour. Welcome to spring!

loudbang likes this.
  16. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

I was there yesterday, sold about $600.00 worth of stuff that I did not need anymore and the folks that bought it where happy with the deals they got so win/ win on both sides. My wife came with, first time in many years that she could get time off. She celebrated by having two of Kens big bars lol. I live an hour + north in Portage so we drive back and forth every night. The guys and I did not want to deal with the snow they where forecasting so we did not go back today. So far it is 42 degrees and not a flake in sight. Oh well that's Jefferson and Wisconsin weather lol. See ya in the Fall! Larry

loudbang likes this.
  17. gene-koning

gene-koning

Well, we got your snow! The snow started mixing with the rain about 9:30 am, and by 10, it was full on snow. Several inches have fallen, but its melting away because the surfaces are still too warm. There is enough snow on the grass and cars that everything is pretty well covered in white, but the roads are still clear of standing snow. That may change as the day progresses. Suppose to be worse a few miles north of me, about 1/2 way between me and Jefferson.

I'm happy I didn't make the trip to Jefferson this year. See you guys in the fall, if the weather is more cooperative. Gene

loudbang likes this.
  18. ahshoe

ahshoe

Anybody stick it out all day Saturday can tell us how it was vendor and spectator wise?

loudbang likes this.
  19. Bird man

Bird man
    from Milwaukee

It's almost FALL Jefferson time :D