Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Flamethrower 6V

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Charles MacEachern, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Charles MacEachern

Charles MacEachern

If my system is a 6V 235, would I benefit getting a Flamethrower coil, if I keep the points. Or is it really ideal to go electronic ignition?

I want to keep my 6 volt system but upgrade it. Any pointers?

2. theboss20

theboss20

Go for a Pertonix system...easy to install, works great and will work with all coils...1-800-827-3758 ask for Tech Services. Know before you call if it’s Positive Ground. Or go to www.pertronix.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Charles MacEachern likes this.
  3. 52HardTop

52HardTop

Upgrade to electronic ignition and 12 volts. If 6 volts was any good, it would still be in today's cars. Why go half way. Just do it all. You will not regret it.

Charles MacEachern likes this.
  4. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

If I am correct, the ballast resistor is used to drop 12 volts to 6 or something less than 12. So it follows that a coil used without a ballast resistor should be good. Or maybe not. Things with wires always confused me. But if you send me $15 plus something for shipping I will send you this pretty red MSD Blaster 2 and you can try it without a large investment to see if it makes any difference.

Attached Files: