Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro: New member from Georgia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by The Magic Ratchet, Apr 8, 2019.

1. The Magic Ratchet

The Magic Ratchet

Hello to all.

After lurking for a long time, it is finally time to step up and join the HAMB. I’m already a member of Garage Journal, Gear Journal, and the seemingly defunct Dogfight Magazine but always especially admired the knowledge and experience of the members on this forum.

I’ve had a lifetime career in the automotive industry: first on the “pump island,” then in gas stations and independent repair shops, followed by some time in and around dealerships, and finally in corporate offices.

My current “fleet” consists of a 1958 F-100 pickup (been in the family since new) and some off-topic vehicles. We’re located in Northeast Georgia but planning a move to HOTRODPRIMER’s territory in the near future.

Thanks for looking, I hope we’ll be talking.

Lou Manglass

2. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome Lou from Indiana! Looking forward to seeing some pics of your ‘58! Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  3. The Magic Ratchet

The Magic Ratchet

Thank you Randy! I'll get some pictures up next time I get it out of the garage. It's getting some interior work and a new gas tank at the moment. Rustorations is right on! Originally this was a Northeast truck that had been through a lot of NY winters and I had to replace most of the bottom 12 inches to get it where it is today.

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  4. Welcome Lou, There's nothing I like more, than a family Hot Rod! Enjoy your HAMB time. I know I've learned alot from these guys. Some of the Hot Rodder's on here forgot more, than I'll ever knew. I'll be looking for some cool photos of your truck. take care. :)Ron....

5. The Magic Ratchet

The Magic Ratchet

Thank You Ron, the old truck is very special to me. If you take a peek at my avatar, it's my dad's Esso station. The '58 started out life as a shop truck there.
    Lou

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  6. Welcome to the site.

Lou and I met recently and he is relocating to South Carolina, looking forward to seeing your truck. HRP

7. The Magic Ratchet

The Magic Ratchet

Thanks Danny, see you soon!
    Lou

8. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

Hey from lots of N Georgia HAMBERS active on here.

9. The Magic Ratchet

The Magic Ratchet

Hey right back at you Brand Apart! Hope we run into each other somewhere around the ATL.