Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Ranchero (Gasser) Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by shortdrums, Apr 13, 2019.

1. shortdrums

shortdrums

Short Backstory
    My wife has a 63 Falcon 170, 3 on the tree, very stock, it needs work so I work on it...
    I haven’t had a real project other than hers in over 20 years so I’ve been itching and pushing on her to build the Falcon into a gasser but she’s happy with it stock so...

was looking around at CL for stuff this one weekend and found a few interesting things, I’ve mostly built Mopars and found a couple project cars to think on, a valiant, early dart, I think there was a comet as well but uncanny I show up at work on Monday and without even mentioning that I was looking for anything one of my coworkers is like “hey my nieghbor is selling a car do you want a ranchero?!”

Ummmmmmmmmmm no, wait what?! What’s it look like? (Looks a pic) no, (text later) “hey can you send me that pic of that ranchero?” [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The car, 1961 Ford Ranchero, kinda fell in my lap, $1000 obo, runs, drives, stops and has current non-op registration! Mostly stock, supposedly it was some kids school project at one point, looks like most of the mechanical has been gone through, fairly fresh rebuilt on the 170 and has a C4 w/ floor shifter swapped in place of the 3 on the tree. Aesthetically the car is a series of plans not seen through, kind of a street rod but still just a stock dirt cruiser, car was originally red and was also black at some point but has newish white paint on top of all of the other old paint with a pinstripe, it’s rough, has considerable damage to the drivers door where something ran into it enough to buckle body filler in the roof and keep the window from rolling up so while it’s been parked for some years under a tree with the drivers window down it’s been collecting moisture, rust, leaves and some new tenants, the interior is a horrible disgusting mess, bench seat from something missing a bench seat and I can’t even comprehend what’s going on with the carpet, has some cool 4 bolt 5 slot mags but all of the tires are dry rotted. The dude before me had a plan to chop it and go even further with the street rod approach as a shop truck for his art gallery to paint a logo on so it had been partially disassembled, quite a few trim pieces hanging out in the bed and front seat and some of the dash pad ripped off but it fires right up and I can almost see a gasser project here so I pulled the trigger $900 [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

swade41, AHotRod, loudbang and 4 others like this.
  2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

looks good , watching.

3. Firedup

Firedup
    from Oregon

Bitchen! I’ll be watching.

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Cool! What drivetrain are you thinking about?

5. Don't recess the engine to much, might not have a place to sit..ha ha

6. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

Sounds like a pretty good deal. That last two or three years, I have been really getting into the '60 to '63 Falcons .

loudbang likes this.