Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Disassembling sun visor bracket

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 40grit, Apr 13, 2019.

1. 40grit

40grit

Has any one had to seperate the bracket for chrome plating. It would appear to me the cap must be removed but I have not been able to do so. These are off my '53 Bel Air convertible

If any one else has been down this road I would appreciate any advice.

John

[​IMG]

2. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

convertibles are different from sedan. so sorry no help. maybe talk to the plater. he should know something about it.

3. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

If you remove that small slotted screw and gently push a wedge into the split will it free the pin?
    Does the split extend to the pin?

4. 40grit

40grit

It appears to me there is a spring and probably a nut under the chrome cap for that end. No the slot does not go that far. The stud appears to be cast into the slotted piece. So far I have not been able tp pry the cap off. Of course I have not gotten rough with it either. It is no good to me if I screw it up to the point it's not worth plating.

If I get desperate enough, I may try drilling a mall hole up from the bottom and try tapping the cap off up from the bottom side. Of course the hole would show. I would have to place it descreetely where it would not be too noticible.

I appreciate all who took the time to read this thread whether or not they had the "fix."

John