Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 40 FORD CAB MOUNTING SPRINGS DIAGRAM

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ROUNDBILL, Jun 21, 2018.

1. ROUNDBILL

ROUNDBILL

HEY BOYS, GOT A 40 FORD PICKUP, I SEE A CAB MOUNTING KIT WITH BOLTS AND SPRINGS. IS THIS THE CORRECT MOUNTING SYSTEM WITH THE WOOD. ANY DIAGRAMS OUT THERE ON THIS. ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

2. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

Don't shout and my 40 only has bolts through the body to the frame,,, no springs. Then again mine is a hot rod and not a restoration..........

LOU WELLS and Hnstray like this.
  3. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

As I recall my 36 pu, the long bolts go down through the body holes to the rear. and then through the wood spacers and then the frame. Then you put the springs on inside the frame, using a good washer, then put on the castalleted nut. Tighten it to put tension on spring. Be sure to use the cotter pin. I think I put a washer on both sides of the spring. I also used body webbing on frame and at body.
    I can’t recall if there were springs to the front of body. I had several 35-36 ford pickups and all had the long tapered wood spacer blocks with long bolts and springs. I am assuming that the 40 was the same or similar. I had several, but never pulled the body on a 40 PU.
    I hope this helps. It will make sense when you put it together. You may not need springs if the frame is boxed.

4. You blew my ear drums out with your yelling.:mad: Now I cant even remember what the question was.o_O

LOU WELLS and Hnstray like this.

5. Mart

Mart

The 40/41 pickup cabs have 8 bolts holding them down, 4 on each side.

The 4 corners get the springs. The middle 2 on each side are bolted solid. These solidly bolted ones take regular coach bolts, 7/16 UNF threads. The ones at the base of the door pillars have a wedge shaped washer to compensate for the angle of the wood spacer.

The ones with the springs are specials, hex headed with a 7/16 shank, but reduced to 3/8 with a UNF thread. This step allows the bolt to be tightened without flattening the spring.

The springs are quite chunky.

Mart.

BJR likes this.
  6. joel

joel
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the info, Mart. I have missing bolts on both sides of my cab.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

7. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I know many think that using all caps is a form of hollering, shouting, or so on. But
    no where can I find info on the net that supports this as a Law, Or Mandate. Only as "Netiquette Guideline" . All I can find is
    that Shout, hollering is a VERBAL action, not a writing action.
    So in short, there are several reasons why a person posts messages in all caps.
    1: Could be a visual problem, that cannot be corrected, even using larger print
    2: may be a physical problem. Like Arthritis, lost of fingers, or limb.
    3: Could be a person is not that great with punctuation.
    4: Out in the real world, CAPS are used a lot in the corporate world, and
    maybe the person is use to typing that way.
    What ever the reason, if the CAPS bother you, just delete the message.
    If you post a message telling someone not to use caps that is more
    offensive then the caps are. It is also consider abuse to another member. IMO.

8. Oh well, I p'd on somebodies Wheaties.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  9. ROUNDBILL

ROUNDBILL

Sorry about the yelling, have a problem with typing. Thanks for all the reply.

10. 343w

343w

The letters don't change on my key board when I capitalize? Your typing is coming in loud and clear Roundbill, my problem is usually spelling!

11. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

As a member of this fine website ,your skin must be thicker than a Sherman battle tank. :D

warhorseracing likes this.