Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Blower manifold - Help me pick one

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MikeC62, Sep 11, 2015.

1. MikeC62

MikeC62
    from Missouri

I'm building a period correct early sixties Corvette drag car with a 6-71 blower and want to use the correct manifold. What was available? Anybody have a name and part number?
    Thanks, Mike

2. As one looking for an eternally lost M/T Buick 215 blower intake ... I can tell you there are many to choose from via Chevrolet branding. Small block/big block you name it. Weiand, Mickey Thompson, Cragar ... to name a few. They're everywhere. Lucky to choose Chevrolet. Your stuff is a mouse click away. Cheap too. (considering my holy grail is 800 plus ... if found at all) See below. Weiand and Cragar, SBC.

[​IMG][​IMG]

I'll be forced to have someone fabricate mine from some sort of aluminum intake ... which back in the day was a common thing. Guess I shouldn't be disappointed. All of the blower companies can do such a thing for you if so.

3. Edelbrock and Weiand, but we ran 4-71's on the street

4. Yep, any number of manufacturers made blower manifolds and street cars mostly ran 471s. the 671 was pure race chit.

The trick is not finding a manufacturer but finding a vintage piece.

5. MikeC62

MikeC62
    from Missouri

I agree on finding a vintage piece. Weiand is still making almost the same manifold it did in the sixties.

6. I think Offy repops the original as well. We can say it is the same intake and we would be telling the truth but it is always nice to say that we have vintage or at least it is something that gives us a warm fuzzy.

I do see vintage blower or at least seasoned intake in our class ads from time to time. They are normally for SBC or BBC. There was a crager for an SBC in the not so distant past and may still be there. Wouldn't hurt to do a quick search.

7. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Google:
    Big John Mazmanian Corvette.

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

[​IMG]
    I ran an old Edelbrock like this many years ago. Pop off valves were hidden unlike the Weiand. I was of the view that it was period correct at the time?

9. Finding a 471 intake for a SBC is almost impossible. Dyers makes an adapter for their 671. you pay as much for a 471 intake when you can find one as you do for the rest of the set up.

loudbang and ace5043 like this.
  10. ace5043

ace5043
    from Florida

There is a 471 Weiand Intake for sale on Ebay right now which ends tomorrow however the nearly $1700.00 price is somewhat steep & out of reach for me right now. If you do a quick search there are two HAMB members who are remaking an intake for the 471. there is Waldens which according to them will be available in December with a target price of $800.

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

671 not 471
    Read post #1 again

12. ace5043

ace5043
    from Florida

Did I miss something, Are you the official editor / censor of the HAMB now? Relax new guy, your not the moderator of this site nor is there strict rules we adhere too. This site is for regular joes regardless of your skill level & helping your brother hot rodder out. Sometimes topics go off base a little but its usually relevant / helpful and sometimes provides an alternative solution or idea to not only the original post's author but others as well contemplating the same. Others had brought up the fact the 471 manifolds are more traditional as well as scarce & I attempted to provide them with what information I had regarding that. ( thats called sharing of ideas) If you had been paying attention the 471 manifold has been a topic of numerous threads. Lastly, If we wanted to be lectured or follow rules, we wouldn't be working on hot rods and driving Subarus instead. Welcome to the HAMB.

mad mikey, INVISIBLEKID and loudbang like this.
  13. MikeC62

MikeC62
    from Missouri

I think I will try to find a Edelbrock B10 or an early Weiand. For sbc if anybody has one. If I don't have any luck the new Weiands haven't changed much and they are under $400. Hardest part is finding a descent GMC 6-71 core to rebuild.

14. Amish Mike

Amish Mike

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  15. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

I love this place,
    @DDDenny gets his newb hands slapped and @kidcampbell71 gets a how to on a 4 year old post.

Amish Mike,
    How about an introduction?

Texas Webb likes this.
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

The gift that keeps on giving!

Texas Webb likes this.
  17. Some times are just too funny,but the learning is priceless.Thanks HAMB.

18. MikeC62

MikeC62
    from Missouri

Boy did I ever switch gears on this old post from almost four years ago. That 62 Corvette turned into a ground up restoration built for driving. I did find a blower manifold except it’s for a 392 Hemi that is going into a 62 Nova with a straight front axle I’m currently building.

19. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I knew I'd seen that name before.

Capture.JPG

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Are there 2 Amish Mike's ?