Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 1932 Ford tail light wiring routing??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marfen, Mar 29, 2019.

1. marfen

marfen
    from sask

Final assembly of a full fender, rear bumper, stock style tail lights on frame /spreader bar bolt mounted stands on a 5w.
    We have the wiring coming down inside of the frame. Those curved tail light stands have a little divit on the bottom to allow wires to enter and go thru the stand to the tail light.
    Tail pipes below the frame rail so we don't want the wires to go between frame horn and tail pipe cuz of the heat.
    What are you folks doing to keep it neat and the wires safe?
    Bumper and brackets are not here yet.

2. marfen

marfen
    from sask

here's a pic from google search of someone else's car showing the setup we are installing.
    We're wondering if the bumper brackets already have a hole in them for wires to go thru and if we need to drill a hole in the frame rail and spreader bar ...yikes.

Attached Files:

3. alchemy

alchemy

My wires are in that asphaltic coated cloth conduit, and they run inside the frame rails held by stock Ford clips until right below the rear spreader. Then they loop under the frame and go through the little hole in the frame horn cover, and up inside the taillight stalk. This is underneath the bumper arm.

If you have repro frame horn covers they might not have the stock little hole.

I'm not sure if this is right or not, but it's the way I did it. My wiring connections are in the area that hides inside the frame rail. I have a homemade spreader bar without the nuts welded to it, so assembly of all this is difficult. If a guy had a spreader with threaded ends like Ford did all the assembly would be a lot easier.

4. marfen

marfen
    from sask

Cool. Good ideas there. thx Alchemy

5. The '32 coupe photo you posted belonged to the late Deuce Roadster (Randy Nash) and his tail lights are wired exactly like alchemy suggested. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

town sedan likes this.
  6. marfen

marfen
    from sask

cool thx. Anyone got a pic of a closeup shot where the wiring goes thru the frame horn cover to the tail light or a pic of an original frame cover so I can see where the hole goes thru? thx