Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 32 Cabriolet Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by agshelby, Mar 13, 2019.

1. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

BBCE5BF7-39AA-48EF-B8C8-A69C30340E34.jpeg My 1932 Ford cabriolet with a 241 dodge red ram and 6x2 Cragar Dragstar intake. It was a friends old hotrod back in the 1960s but was taken apart and stored in a shed. Bill wanted to put her back together unfortunately he got ill and sold me the project. I put Bills prayer card in the door so hes been driving along for over 20 years.........

2. hammeredt

hammeredt

My project. End result will be full fendered. Wanted a sportier look, so I grafted a 3 window cowl top to the cabriolet sides. Resurrected bits of the original roached A pillars combined with pieces of other cars (1941 dash corners, 1950 International hood) for their shape. It sucked working with the crummy old metal (cabriolet bits) but I am pleased with the lines. Lots left to do!!

3-19-19.jpg 3-19-192.jpg

continentaljohn, The37Kid and alchemy like this.
  3. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Hamtown Al and continentaljohn like this.
  4. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

IMG_3536.JPG
    Updated version of mine as shown above along with some others selected from HAMB members.
    Apart at the moment getting a 425 Buick from a 1965 Riviera Gran Sport; along with complete rewiring and whatever else I discover needs a tweak.;) The little Ford has really grown on me.:)
    Mine was in the same family for 75 years beginning on May 5, 1942.:)
    Original builder helped start the Deer Park drag strip in Spokane, WA.

5. Cool 32 Cabro thread.....Cabriolets were rare thru all the years....

continentaljohn likes this.
  6. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

That’s a beautiful car and studied it many years ago at the first eyeball show in Iowa put on by the Wizzz. Your Cab looked like it was made from the factory with the redram hemi .
    I had always thought the Mr Gray built the cabriolet and didn’t think anyone else built cabs except Everett.

agshelby likes this.
  7. IMG_4805.jpeg One to add to the thread…..

lurker mick, continentaljohn and clem like this.
  8. Here's mine, "The Tree Car" Cabriolet. I've had it for years and it's way down on my list of projects, but I'll get to it someday! Ted Bowen chased it for almost 40 years before he finally got it bought and saved it from the tree. I bought it from Ted almost 20 years years ago.

This is Ted the day he saved it,but trying to figure out how to get it away from the tree that grew there over the years.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the how I bought it from Ted in pieces many years ago.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is how far it is today. Body parts rejoined, patch panels
    done, windshield frame fabricated, leaned back and chopped
    2 3/4", top irons fabricated. I wish I would have left the patina,
    but it wasn't the thing back then. Just a little ways to go!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Paul Ellis' Cabriolet Hot Rod is my inspiration for this!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023