Register now to get rid of these ads!

why does PCL primer have a bad rap

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low springs, Jun 4, 2006.

1. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

i've used it before with no problems (knock on wood) :rolleyes: on the label it says to use a PCL metal etching primer prior to useing PCL. i have been told by 2 paint supplers "that i could use it right over bare metal" as long as it prepped right.... one other supplier told me that i had to use the etching primer before hand.... that last paint supplier told me not to use the etching primer cause it will cause the the poly primer to blister and crack later on... these have all been seprate supplier and none of them know eachother.. i've also been told that the secret to PCL lasting is to let it fully dry before sanding for at least a week.

does anyone have good or horror stories about PCL? or is all this just an urban legend? LOL :D ;)

i've used other primers and just wonder why everyone rags on PCL.

2. FONZI

FONZI

Dante,
    PCL is good. Use the etching though! Bones's buddy Tony uses nothing but!

FONZI

3. JimSibley

JimSibley

I have done hundreds of cars with it. No problems!!!!!

4. RonC

RonC
    from Montebello

I heard that there were some bad batches that were too brittle and cracked. I had a spot crack on me but when I went to repair it I noticed that I did lay it on a little thick.