Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ray Alley has passed away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roger O'Dell, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I am a little late on posting . I found out two days ago,from Dale Armstrong’s widow , not sure how Suzy spells her name. Any way I was fortunate to call him a friend. Always loved Big Al he drove, he had a business engine masters, was into drag racing early, and towards the end ,worked with Nhra on the pro cars.

2. Prayers out to you and the family.

3. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

Ray did work for me at Engine Masters in Garden Grove Cal. Always a nice guy who did great work. He always had time to speak to fans and also let people check out his funny cars.
    I know these are OT but maybe they can slide as a tribute. 20170912_120238.jpg 20170912_120228.jpg

Stogy and s55mercury66 like this.
  4. partssaloon

partssaloon

Engine Masters was right around the corner from my parts store and my best account. grew up with all the guys. Last time I talked with Ray was at the drags in Texas about 4 years ago, he passed in early February.
    wkenny1.JPG Ray Alley At Lions (2).jpg

Stogy and Sky Six like this.

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

he was quite the guy.he knew his way around a funny car.

Stogy likes this.
  6. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear this. Ray was a great guy. Creighton Hunter introduced me to him many years ago. I believe one of his last jobs for the NHRA was a fuel guru.

Stogy likes this.
  7. frank spittle

frank spittle

One of the best nitro tuners some of you never heard of.

Stogy likes this.
  8. sololobo

sololobo

Rest easy racer, you will be missed

9. partssaloon

partssaloon

Yes he was director of Fuel for quite a few years. Creighton's shop was 2 streets over from where we use to keep our race car and Creighton would aways leave a 55 gal. of solvent with a pump in it for us to use when we needed.

10. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

That's two really good guys that we've lost . They were both dedicated to drag racing . RIP

Stogy likes this.
  11. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Condolences to you the Alley family and friends on the passing of Ray...thanks for sharing the loss of this career Racer @Roger O'Dell and the others for helping highlight this man's legacy.