Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Forget this forum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Matt Deba, Mar 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Deba

Matt Deba

I posted something in the the H.A.M.B forums, and set the orefix to customs. I'm new here so apparently that was wrong, because khead47 deleted it completely instead of just moving it to the proper area (technical).

No, I'm not reposting it, no, I'm not retyping it.

This place ain't the only forum around, and you all ain't the only people who do anything. :)

2. How did khead47 delete it? He's not a moderator.o_O

chevy57dude likes this.
  3. Matt Deba

Matt Deba

Once I got the email notification that showed him say "truck and engine are O.T for this forum sorry", I click on the link to go back to my post, and there's an error.

Being new here I don't know who the mods are and who isn't, or what "O.T for this forum," means anyway.

4. ..............Means it's off-topic for this forum. Take a step back and get a feel for what this place is all about.

5. studebakerjoe

studebakerjoe

Matt, o.t.. Stands for off topic. How new is the truck?

6. Think it must have been his '72 C-10, I guess.:confused:

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  7. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

this is a traditional hot rod and custom forum with a very narrow focus and a strict year cut off of 1965. you can find the rules here:
    https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/the-h-a-m-b-rules-guidelines.44274/

upspirate and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Move it over to the “ antiquated” side. There’s a thread on trucks there, seems to be a little more forgiving over there. But I still don’t post anything newer than 1965. Folks are kinda pick here.

Bones

9. Knuck, congrats on the promotion! Ha ha:D

10. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

there is still supposed to be a pre 65 rule in the antiquated section. That is where the "big" trucks get sent (pre 65 1 and 2 ton) just because they were not typically hot rods back in the day.....

upspirate, lurker mick and Boneyard51 like this.
  11. Matt Deba

Matt Deba

Stuff I've looked up on Google always has a hamb forum involved. So sounds like bullshit.

See ya :)

12. F&J

F&J

Stick around for a bit...maybe?

If your truck is a 67-72, yes that is not allowed to be discussed, but the chassis is so very close to the On Topic 60-65 Chevy trucks. You can read those many 60-65 C10 threads to gain knowledge that will help you on your truck

Most every member here also owns or likes newer or Off Topic cars. But, these members know they cannot post anything about those on here.

Cosmo49 likes this.
  13. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I understand, I went back and added pre1965, before I saw you post. Didn’t want to steer the new guy wrong. That why I only showed the back half of one of my trucks, as it’s newer than 1965, but the series came out before 1965. Most folks couldn’t have told the exact year, but I still didn’t biostatistics pics of the cab.
    My point was over there we talk on a variety of subjects, not just Hot Rods.

Bones

14. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yup, that is what the antiquated section is for. everything but car stuff pre 65

Boneyard51 likes this.

15. The reason you always get HAMB on google searches is because The H.A.M.B is a wealth of information.
    Don’t get your panties in a knot
    Careful how you post here as the “traditional police” don’t like new stuff.
    And the pre 65 rule and holding to. The rules again keep this place a wealth of information.

But if you can’t unknot your knickers then see ya later!

51DEFD1E-3C55-418E-96AB-BA52AA091335.jpeg

16. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Dang spell check... I don’t even know what “biostatistics “ is! How that changed from “ post” I’ll never know! Lol

Bones

Moriarity likes this.
  17. I think I heard the door slam. Might as well close the thread. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.