Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SBC/T5 Problems, any suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Christopher26, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

This is my setup, and it did exactly what I described above on the first swing. I loosened the bolts and slid it back, and dropped in some 1/8" plastic shims I have from work, and then snugged it back down. It was enough to make everything work. Now I just have to knock it back apart and find the tight spot. I'm guessing it's at the tip of the input. This process took about 10 minutes to check.

Every time we mix and match a setup like thus it takes some trial and error to get there, but you can do it. 20190223_163442.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Christopher26

Christopher26

Ok great, is it the same parts as well (ford t5, abc?) I’ll be heading to harbor freight in the afternoon, thanks again for the pics

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

4. Christopher26

Christopher26

5. Nostrebor

Nostrebor

I have a Davis Speed spacer on my current build. It stll needs tweaked a bit to work.

The setup pictured is a NWC T-5 from an S10, a Doug Nash 4+3 bell from a Corvette, a Camaro flywheel and pressure plate, a clutch disk for a T-5 flathead conversion, and the Davis Speed spacer. I'm running this bell because the fork is at a more downward angle than typical, which works better in my car. Otherwise this is a pretty typical SBC T5 setup.

6. That spacer is the missing piece to the puzzle...

7. Share parts numbers with us please - I got an OT '68 Chevy, 327 with a 3 on the tree that I thought about putting a T-5 in - It has 3:73 rear & I thought a T-5 would be great! When you changed bell housing did you have to install a cross member to support the trans? - My ol' girl has mounts on the bell housing & I thought yours would too - thanks for a good read!!!! (yeah, it's still snowing in "good ol' w.va. usa")

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
  8. Randy Caudell

Randy Caudell

Don't have the book in front of me at present, but the JTR guys who do the S10/V8 conversions said something about cutting 1/4 inch off the front side of the clutch disc. Anyone here got the book handy to look that up? Mine is in the shop.