Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Stilko Oil Cleaner Parts

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by shake-n-bake, Feb 22, 2019.

1. shake-n-bake

shake-n-bake

Good morning guys. Before I get a ton of opinions about the use or non use of a Stilko filter, let me assure you I have been part of this discussion before, so negative comments aren't what I'm looking for. I am looking for anyone who has had to replace either or both of the O rings on a SK12 Stilko filter canister. I have seen threads where it was suggested that I take them to my local hydraulics repair shop, and see if they could match them up. Or possibly an auto parts store, where they could measure and search for replacements. But I'm pretty sure that someone out there has already had to do this thing, and they might just save me, and others, the time searching for these O rings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.......

2. Check and see if there is a rubber O-ring supply house in your area. All you nee to know is the inner diameter, and outer diameter, and the depth of the groove. O- rings come in a variety of standard sizes.

3. egads

egads

Good parts stores used to keep one of these under the counter, make whatever you need.[​IMG]

4. town sedan

town sedan

Never had any experience with the Stilko filtering system. Out of curiosity I googled "stilko sk12 filter canister O-rings"

Was not surprised a HAMB thread from 2005 popped up. Started by injectedA called "Converting those toilet paper filters"

In his thread he suggests that System 1 would probably have the O-rings available. Is System 1 still around? I've no idea. Is the information still good? I've no idea.

I do think if you knew the thickness, diameter and style {square cut, round etc} matching something up wouldn't be impossible. That is unless you live up in the hills and the nearest town is days away.
    -Dave

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019

5. 4woody

4woody

Several years ago I dealt with a guy named Ed Greany who was a guru of all things Stilko and Frantz. Google search shows he is still in the business: (951) 735-4153

sdluck and Cosmo49 like this.
  6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well I am going to ask why the hell you haven't already gone by one of the previous suggestions and go to a Hydraulic shop, industrial power and motion shop or parts house and checked? This "I want the easy answer after someone else does all the work" crap gets old after a while.

7. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

:oops::eek::oops:

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  8. shake-n-bake

shake-n-bake

Thanks to all who were actually helpful. It is very much appreciated. As to the smart ass and snide remarks, my response to that would be something like this. Why the hell would you spend hours and perhaps days on the phone, or computer or on the road, investigating an issue on your own, (which by the way I did) without first asking someone who has "been there, done that", for help with the answer? (which I now wish I had). My intention was to see if someone had already found specific suppliers, measurements, or part numbers for this issue, in a effort to make my search, and perhaps the searching of other folks, a bit easier. But I guess my intentions were misguided. I thought, and I had been told by fellow HAMB'ers, this forum was for sharing information and ideas about our "traditional hot rod" hobby. Thus the "Technical" tag on my thread. But I guess I must have been mistaken on that as well. Thanks again to those who were willing to share information and wanting to be helpful. I truly appreciate it. As for the others, well what can I say. If I knew it all, like they do, there would be no need for this conversation in the first place. Right?

Cosmo49 likes this.
  9. squirrel

squirrel

so....did you figure out what size they are?

If you didn't yet, but you do in the future, please post the answer here...might save the next guy the heartache that you're going through, right now

:cool:

Cosmo49 and VANDENPLAS like this.
  10. town sedan

town sedan

Sorry we ruffled your feathers.

Other than the novelty of it, I don't understand the attraction of such a product.

If a tp oil filter were used on a car with heavy blow by could the escaping fumes be scented nicely with scented paper?

Does it make a difference if you use the "double" rolls, or not.
    -Dave

VANDENPLAS likes this.
  11. BJR

BJR

Since you have been here since 2010, and only have 15 posts, you should know by now that people will poke you with a stick one in a while. Learn to roll with it and get your own stick and join the rest of us. We will all be better off if you do.

town sedan and Texas Webb like this.
  12. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I don’t think anyone on the HAMB is a bad person , who would do anything to hurt your feelings. But I will pass something on to you , one offended , you offended all trying to hear you out . You could end up being in the Box for a night there , Luke , for your failure to communicate !

loudbang likes this.