Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mike Cunningham

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LAROKE, Feb 18, 2019.

1. LAROKE

LAROKE

Thursday night I got word that one of our Sunday coffee cruise-in regulars, Mike Cunningham had passed. Mike was a name in drag racing and Bonneville record runs. He was mechanic and crew chief on more than one professional team. I was surprised when he was enthusiastic about helping me with my Stovebolt blower motor project. Mike forgot more about blowers than I'll ever know.

On Sunday, instead of meeting at the Dunkin' Donuts, we assembled in Davie at another regular's shop. After donuts and coffee, "The Hotrodders Prayer" was recited and we knocked back a shot of Jameson.

Godspeed Mike.

[​IMG]

2. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Rest in peace Mike.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Rest in Peace Mike.

Condolences to his family and friends.

4. LAROKE

LAROKE

Found one more picture of Mike in my collection.

June 30th 2014 The Sunday morning cruise-in bunch hangs out at a Fort Lauderdale bagel joint on most Sundays but on the last Sunday of the month, we meet at the Dandy Donut Factory just east of I-95 on Hollywood Blvd. in Hollywood , Florida. It was great weather yesterday and we had a better than usual turnout, including a few new rides like the McLeod Clutches and Speedshop coupe. This rod doesn't need any improvements but rodders never let that stop them and this one is destined for a vintage blower setup down the road. The owner/builder, Brian Lee, is conferring with Mike Cunningham here.

[​IMG]

Stogy and lothiandon1940 like this.
  5. rooman

rooman

I worked with Mike during some of his funny car days and see his son Chris regularly as he is the co crew chief on Bob Tasca's Motorcraft funny car. RIP mate!

Roo

Stogy and LAROKE like this.