Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects That Vintage Push Truck look

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by walt460, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Elcohaulic

Elcohaulic

-Bigger tires with the black wall out..
    -Moon eyes full wheel discs screw on style..
    -Remove that chrome thing on the step.
    -Adjust the wipers! lol

LAROKE likes this.
  2. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To me what Tailgater showed on that old HRM is what a real push truck looks like as far as a Bonneville or drag push truck. One that looks just as sharp as the racer it pushes.
    One local shop owner who was the grandfather of a friend of mine had what was probably the sharpest looking Chevy AD truck in the valley as his service truck when I was a kid and that truck may have influenced my buying my truck years later. It was always parked in front of his shop or you saw it when he was on a service run or a parts run. It represented the shop well. You didn't want to go out on a service call in a junky looking truck in those days as the prospective customer might send you packing saying they want a real mechanic and not a shade tree mechanic.
    As for looking like a "real push truck" I'd say all that little F-1 needs is a wood plank mounted on the front and done. Maybe a couple of pipes mounted to the subframe front rails that you slipped the matching but slightly smaller piece that were fastened to the plank in and stuck a pin in them. Now it's a push truck, now it's not.

lurker mick likes this.
  4. Ran across this photo tonight FB_IMG_1550383579135.jpg

mgtstumpy likes this.