Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage IT'S THIS WEEKEND!!-------NASHVILLE SWAP MEET

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodA, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Just a reminder for the big 31st annual Stones River AACA Nashville Swap Meet THIS WEEKEND at the Nashville Fairgrounds! 5 big heated buildings and outside. Last year was HUGE despite the cold.

This year Sunday forecast now is 65 and cloudy.

Setup Saturday 8:00-3:00 Vendors only. No general admission.

Open to the public Sunday 6:30-3:00

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. WTF really

WTF really

I'll be there with a good friend.

3. The one in your avatar, hopefully.

4. catdad49

catdad49

Used to go to the fairgrounds for the monthly flea market, can't even imagine the same place with nothing but car parts! Hope you rest up, should be plenty to see.

5. I was thinking the exact same thing.....

seb fontana and WTF really like this.
  6. Now just three days!

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

be sure to take pics & post here

8. I'm selling, and my "pals" decided to do something else this weekend, :mad: so I'm stuck minding the store, unless somebody volunteers so I can make some "buy" runs.
    Hint, hint.
    Bldg A, space 79
    Bill 901-651-7366

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Me three!!

10. Well, I actually bought some stuff this time. I try to go every year and I have missed some shows, but this was the biggest one I have ever seen there. Perfect weather. I didn't see much for the older 30s-40s cars there, most of what I saw was for tri five Chevys and newer cars but there was a few vendors with older stuff. Such a nice day that now I am anxious for the swap meet season to begin down south.
    But.......I did not see WTF's avatar, and believe me, I was looking....

11. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

I BOUGHT MORE STUFF.......That i probably will never use...........It was huge and super weather.

12. Yep, WTF really let us down!

I had my grandson help setup on Saturday, so got to make a fast lap. Found a 40 dash I had been looking for, a neat Eelco four gauge panel ($5) and bought a polished 8BA 2x2 intake Sunday off a guy toting it.
    Sunday was a buying bust as I was stuck in my spot all day, but managed to sell $1500 of odds and ends, so no complaints. But I always wonder what I might have missed.

Next year the swap meet will be in a single, new, 130,000 sq.ft. building, replacing the five originals. Also new will be paved outdoor spots, both covered and uncovered.
    When I registered Sunday for next year, there were only 16 (!) spots left in the new building!
    That's 1300 spaces, less the aisles, under one roof, regardless of the weather, plus the outside.
    Hopefully the Stones River club can have the setup day logistics figured out, as there aren't many places to actually drive in to the new building, only pedestrian doors. Five buildings are way easier to load and unload than one. It could be a cluster f**k. Hope not.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  13. Any pictures of the swap? Is it a mix of parts? Do you see the same old, same old sellers trying to peddle the same stuff year after year?
    How are the "cars for sale" section, conditions and prices?
    I'm headed over to Nashville soon, I should have checked for shows and swaps, this may have been the good week to see this swap, o well!
    At least least you found what you needed and made some money.
    Anything good happening the week of the 23rd?

14. If you are taking pictures, you aren't looking at everything..:eek:

Check this out for the week of the 23rd:

February 24: LEBANON TN: Mid Tenn Region Winter Swap Meet: Set up day for Vendors will be on Saturday Feb. 23, 9 am until 5 pm. Vendors will be allowed to enter at 6:00 am on Sunday, with the doors open to the public at 7:00 am until 4 pm. Sites are 10x10. Spaces are $35 if reserved before the day of the show on Sunday.

abe lugo likes this.
  15. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last year the weather was cold and rainy and I wondered at the way the vendors outside managed to stay so upbeat. This year was clear, mid-60s and very little wind. Just perfect. I made the mistake of not taking a cart or wagon so I missed out on some pretty good deals. I even missed out on the only cart I saw for sale when I looked away to answer a question for some one. There seemed to be an overabundance of generic Chevy manifolds and headers but once in awhile you could find some really outstanding performance parts for other makes. I drove 180 miles to get there, and according to my daughter's pedometer, walked 3 and a half miles while there looking at stuff. Only thing I bought was a mini die grinder but I had a really good time.

16. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

This was the best Nashville meet in years for me. The weather and company was fine. I got a bunch of good stuff and met some nice people. Picked up a flathead motor I bought this morning. Great overall.
    They say it will be in a new location next year. At the bottom of the hill, which will be good.

17. Somebody told me about buying a flattie for $200.
    Was that you?