Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Barris Metal Man Blackie's estate sale incl. Parisienne Custom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rods Ta Hell, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Interesting bunch of stuff.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

would be one to go to if you can get there

4. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Yet here I am in NJ digging through estate sales filled with collectibles from a Folgers can.

5. lostone

lostone
    from kansas

Man is the rear end of that thing ugly and the second incarnation is the worst custom I've ever seen. No surprise it never sold. Remove the barris/korky name and no one would care about this one.

6. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The stuff that outlasts us...that's one heck of a collection that's sure to help fill all kinds of missing links in builds everywhere...

Thanks for sharing @Hot Rods Ta Hell

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Quoted...

I will list some of the cars we have so far:

[​IMG]

1957 Cadillac Eldorado parts car

[​IMG]

1952 Chevy fastback

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1952 Chevy parts car

1964 Thunderbird parts car with engine and seats and console

[​IMG]

1972 Ford Ranchero parts car

1968 Chevy Step side Pickup with small block

B38 Concept Car with Cobra engine with original car molds

1950 Chevy truck

1979 Clenet Series 1(only 250 made)

1969 Corvette 427 Frame off Restoration

1977 Corvette

1929 Ford Roadster

1.jpg

[​IMG]

1954 Mercury Monterey Convertible Frame off Restoration 90% complete

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1954 Mercury Convertible

[​IMG]

The Original Parisienne kustom built by Korky (this was in tons of magazines and got tons of trophy's in the 60's) This is a one of a kind Kustom.

Kustom built Buggy with mold?

[​IMG]

Tons of parts from Chevy frames to parts and Mercury parts, ford parts and Shelby and Mustang hoods, front ends, grilles, fenders chrome you name it I have it.

This fella worked on the Batmobile to and it seems there are photos of that build and others I suppose...

Metal benders, shrinker and stretcher, slip roll, English wheel heavy duty, shearer and break

Full size blast cabinet

Work benches

lots of scrape sheet metal and steel

Multiple welders and oxygen sedaline bottles

Spot welder

This is just some of the items there is a total of 9 garages and 2 shops full of cars and parts.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  8. I have called the estate seller.. There is NO prices as such right now.. There is going to be a "CAR GUY" coming in to appraise the stuff and price each piece individual this is NOT going to be a auction style sale. The Fire sale will be on Sunday last day.
    I do have a interest in the metal shaping tools... There is some Kool stuff there by the pics...

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  9. Interesting stuff, I like this, it has potential,
    1-t(2).jpg .
    And this,
    1-t(157).jpg

Stogy, Lepus and chryslerfan55 like this.
  10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow!

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  11. cool....thanks for posting

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

If I was retired, I`d take a short vacation to sunny Arizona to escape single digit temps and a blanket of snow and ice. And this would be a good reason to go.

Moriarity and williebill like this.
  14. Billy_Bottle_Caps

Billy_Bottle_Caps

That is some amazing stuff

15. DERPR30

DERPR30
    from HARVEY LA

SOME NEAT SHIT

16. TrailerTrashToo

TrailerTrashToo

The altitude of Prescott, AZ is a little over a mile high, Chino Valley is a little less than a mile high. After the auction, I suggest you head south, down the mountain, to Phoenix.

17. Lepus

Lepus

That sale is going to be a zoo. You should probably get in line the day before it starts if you want to be near the front of the line.

18. RodStRace

RodStRace

I live in Chino Valley.
    There is a strong car guy faction in the area.
    I had not heard of this guy or the collection, but there are quite a few interesting folks around here.
    Bob Riggle lives here, Gene Adams used to, Bitchin Sheet metal, now Absolute Sheet Metal is here, Ryan Falconer Racing engines is here, and then you have others in the rest of the Quad City (Prescott, PV, Dewey-Humbolt) area too. Let's just say that the sound of HP ringing out in the evening is not uncommon in this little town.
    I'd guess that even the fire sale will not offer many once in a lifetime deals.
    Best of luck to fellow HAMB guys, there seems to be quite a lot of interesting material here!

Oh, and it's dropping into the low 30s at night 'round here this time of year.

loudbang likes this.
  19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm saving the auction link for the next time someone badgers me about not getting rid of anything. That gent was the king of never throwing anything away.
    I'm just glad I am not part of the crew that has to do the sale because that is going to be a zoo. They might have been wise to use more days or weekends and divide the sale up per what might interest a certain group. Mustang stuff only for a day or two, complete cars and then the smaller pieces.
    Bad part is that while there are some interesting tools, I can't see a part one that I can get real excited over and even the Chevy truck cab isn't too exciting. That 52/54 Merc ragtop is the most interesting one to me though.

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

21. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

Say what you want about the Batmobile but it would be quite something to say you had a part in its creation...

Max Gearhead and spurgeonforge like this.
  22. junkman8888

junkman8888

From what I see in the auction flyer I need to dedicate the rest of my life to not having a million projects at one time and not finishing any of them. So far I'm a complete failure.

Moriarity likes this.
  23. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

I went to the estate sale, I was the 3rd/4th person in line. It was 17 degrees when I got to the guys house, it got cooler just before day lite. That was about 5:30 in the morning. Gate opened at 9:00, several people took off running. The cars were way over priced for their condition. The custom did not look like the picture they posted, it was in very rough condition. The motor was out of it, it was a 430 lincoln motor. They had the parts mixed up with some FE parts. I bought the 430 Lincoln tri power set up for that car as they put it with other junk parts, they had a FE tri power set up for the Lincoln motor. It was very unorganized, some items were not priced and it took a while to get a price. The people running the estate sale were looking on e bay for some pricing. There was some deals as they could not price everything.

stanlow69 and Stogy like this.
  24. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

ssaza25 - Thanks for roughing it, and getting a deal (?) - any pics - very big crowd when you left?

Stogy likes this.
  25. ssaza25

ssaza25
    from arizona

Maybe 50-60 people at first. Was busy for the first 2-3 hours then slowed way down.

Stogy likes this.
  26. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I’ll never understand some of these estate sales crews. I have only done 2 and am starting the process on a 3rd and not one piece will be for sale until it has been identified,researched and a final price determined.
    I don’t know any details of how this sale was set up so my opinion could be flawed

27. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In a disorganized situation it could work out positive for the buyers...albiet painful in wading and waiting for things to be sorted out...

28. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

I agree that it is a good thing for the buyers.
    Got some great deals myself at disorganized sales.
    I’m thinking it’s a disservice to the sellers not to maximize the potential revenue.

WillyKJr likes this.
  29. @ssaza25

I also was at that auction what a SHAM ! ! Disorganized nothing was priced for say what was priced was full blown retail NEW prices. I did see you get both the tri power set ups. They was telling people that is not going to be split up from the custom car, Then I seen it going out the gate ! also you got that cool 3 speed shifter off that trans.. surprised you didn't get the whole thing with the overdrive?

There was a set of 61/62 Imperial headlights I asked how much/ told me $200 each so $400 I was like are you kidding !

1 hr later they sold to a guy for $50, I could have choked them I offered $100 and they passed.

A lot of the stuff shown to be sold was already GONE by the time the gates opened on first day?
    Wonder how that can really happen and does the OWNER actually know?

I didn't walk away empty handed just did not get what I went for.... OVER PRICED

Almost went back today to try and get one of the vettes… I said the hell with it !