Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Toy for Xmas

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50 COUPE, Jan 22, 2019.

1. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

Picked a 59 F100 Panel just after the Xmas holidays. With exception of the camper windows and ?? front bumper, I'm digging it! Had enough shag carpet and paneling in it to do a 2 bedroom house, (first thing I took out). 223 inline 6 and 3 on the tree, 9 inch with what I think is a 3:70 gear, (axle code 01). Overall solid old panel with all the important parts.
    Thinking of going for the shop truck look. Want a static drop, but don't to sub frame it. May be remove a few leaf springs in front and flip the rear axle. Don't know what that will give me in drop til it's done. Want to keep it simple, but old school cool!
    All thoughts and comments are welcomed. I know it's mine and I can do what I want, but just want to pick you guys brains. DSCF1088.JPG DSCF1086.JPG DSCF1089.JPG DSCF1087.JPG

2. Very cool, I don’t think I have ever seen a 1959 Ford panel. F-100?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Sweet truck ,first thing id do is pump spray some 50% 50% bleach on that body .

4. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Get ahold of Sid an drop the axle...https://www.droppedaxles.com/

5. catdad49

catdad49

You're keeping the roof rack, right?! Drop with slight forward rake, full moon discs, duals with smittys, and maybe tasteful scallops. Looks pretty solid from the pics, enjoy.

Bandit Billy likes this.
  6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Never seen one till now. Never knew I wanted on till the same exact moment.

7. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

In case you havent already bought material for curtains,:Dheres a rough sketch for ya, Im not much of a photo shopper and just had these wheels available, full moon non spun disc (like mentioned)might look better or poverty caps etc
    upload_2019-1-22_20-51-50.png

8. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Nice work...B(.)(.)B's!

9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yeah, not the greatest work:p, but Im sure the op wouldnt mind if you or someone else fixed it for him;)

10. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

Dude, thanks a bunch for the photo shop work. I was trying to imagine how it look with those windows gone! The wheels are cool also, but gonna kick around other options before laying the cash. If you get any other ideas, shoot them my way. You got me pumped about this thing.

low budget likes this.
  11. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

Just what will I achieve from doing the bleach treatment? It was sprayed with brown primer when it was sat down, so the seller told me. I want to see if there is some cool patina under it. 50% BLEACH AND 50% WATER?

12. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

Glad you like it. I've been eye balling it for a year and decided to ask if it was for sale, lucky me!

13. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

the bleach and water treatment is a cheap way to knock off the mold or is that patina. It works.

Hnstray likes this.
  14. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

The roof rack is a keeper for sure. Getting tune up parts for the engine this week. She spins over good, but has yet to fire. It's got a single Cherry Bomb on it now and can't wait to hear what that sounds like on a single exhaust six. She is very solid for this area of the country.

catdad49 likes this.
  15. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

They are out there. I've read that only 981 custom cabs were made in 1959 versus 17,000 standard cabs.

Hnstray likes this.
  16. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Change the oil Also! An a fuel pump! Fuel pumps go to crap when sitting, It may seem fine... As it's pissing gas in Your crankcase... Cheap insurance...

Hnstray likes this.
  17. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

Gonna run it out of a gas for now. Plan to drop the tank and have cleaned and sealed later.

18. RMONTY

RMONTY

Subscribed....nice find!

19. Clean that bitch up, lower it and drive it!! I dig it!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

20. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I've got a nice Offenhauser 4bbl intake for that engine. If interested PM me. Nice truck!

21. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

What do you suggest for lowering that is inexpensive and will give a good ride?

22. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

I'll keep that in mind. Have to get her running and make sure she's worthy of it first.

23. Dropped axle, reversed spring eyes, remove a few leaves

Atwater Mike likes this.
  24. sololobo

sololobo

Really dig this body style, the taillights have that 50 Merc vibe. Good score bro, please keep the steel wheels, just my fetish. Mag wheels are for race cars! I like your plan, I had a 59 Ford 2-door ranch wagon with that six and it ran for me very well. Drove it all over the country at 60-65 mph, purred like a kitten. Best to you on the project.

25. coupe man

coupe man

Don't know if the suspension is similer to a 56 f-100.But on my 56 I was able to flip the rear spring mounts and reversed the eyes on the rear springs and lower it a couple of inches.

26. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

What's the process for reversing the spring eyes? Do you just flip that spring over?

27. Nope, if you search here there is lots of threads on it, not a hard thing to do

28. 50 COUPE

50 COUPE

Low Budget got me hyped with his photo shop pic of my panel with those ugly windows out. I decided to remove them yesterday and cut a panel to cover the hole. Use the existing holes from the window frame mount, but it looks sooooo good to me now. Will properly finished at the bodywork stage later

Attached Files:

29. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

1) Drop front with Sid's dropped axle and reverse eyes and flatten springs, lose some leaves.
    2) Select some 'correct size' front tires, buy a set of spun aluminum caps (screw-on) MOON type. (clamp type look O.K. from 15 feet away, but stick out from rim surface, and dent when pushing them on!)
    3) Heavily detail black tires, truck will look like an official Bonneville Support vehicle!

I have a '55 F100, (pickup) but these panels have always 'done it' for me!
    A '53-'56 F100 front (and rear) bumper can be found, (I found my chrome front here in CA. for $25! Young wife cleaned it up with 4 ought Steel Wool, polished with Mothers. Mmmm, nice...