Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Give me ideas for the coolest hot rod vacation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roothawg, Jul 26, 2018.

1. I agree.
    Just did it (again) two weeks ago Saturday night, but for spirited, hot rodding type driving pleasure in the same area, Laureless Grade and full length (40+ miles) of Carmel Valley Rd offer much more bang for the spent fuel. Did those too two weeks ago.

2. wuga

wuga
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, where did you go and was it great?
    Warren

3. 6sally6

6sally6

Anybody suggest Cruis'in The Coast? Along the Gulf. Got to be one of the largest cruise/car show event in the nation! I went one year and was completely over whelmed by the sheer numbers of cars. "EVERY" kind of vehicle you can imagine...gorgeous view....great weather (when there is not a hurricane)...friendly folks. A must see.
    I'm going again before I get too old.
    6sally6

4. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nobody mentioned the Natchez Trace. I heard it was a beautiful drive.

Boneyard51 and pprather like this.
  5. Roothawg

Roothawg

We didn't get to go anywhere due to work requirements. We will though. We love back road cruising.

rjones35 likes this.
  6. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

I have, the antebellum homes are a site to see. Also Natchez under the Hill. A lot of history there.

Bones

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    rockable likes this.
  7. We drove the Trace from Nashville to Natchez with about 15 rods a few years ago. Great fun! Very nice scenery and lots of history.

Phil

rockable likes this.
  8. Dan

Dan

Beartooth Pass in Montana is beautiful...

pprather likes this.
  9. We're leaving our home in Sault Ste. Marie, ON and heading south west to El Mirage race day in June. Then up to San Jose and Monterey Bay for part of week. Then back down to LA Roadster show and open houses. Woodies on Wharf in Santa Cruz the following weeekend. We'll then head up to Wyoming area, and head east for home. Anyone in the Bay area want to provide a garage tour, while we're in that area, please PM me.

pprather likes this.
  10. 5window

5window

We did Route 66 last September. Had a great time. The Lincoln Highway goes from Times Square,NYC to San Francisco. I'm ready to roll, but my wife maybe needs a break. :) Looks pretty interesting. My buddy has donated his '37 Packard to the Lincoln Highway Museum in Latrobe, PA (Former home of Rolling Rock)