Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can anybody school me on this old Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by midnightrider78, Jan 10, 2019.

1. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

somebody said wood rear floor, it is not wood its steel. parts are available ya just have to look. its a 46. I had one for a few years. great car when there done.

2. Cowtown

Cowtown

I sold my 46 sedan delivery due to cancer. Just had surgery on December 21st to remove my spleen, Two large tumors and a 3rd of my stomach. Not picked up yet but is paid for. That's why I have some extra rear doors. There are NOS front and rear fenders out there for sale. I had a lot of NOS parts for mine that I purchased in the last 2 years.

3. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Sorry to hear this. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Once the car is in my possession, I'll be in touch about the door. Thanks

4. lilmann

lilmann

What he said!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

loudbang likes this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

That looks like a far better deal, plus you get to see Montana. Bob

6. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Best of luck with your battle with cancer, it is beatable, I am currently a 2 time cancer survivor, last one was gastric cancer for which they removed my stomach! Keep your spirits up and get back to doing your thing even if it is a slightly slower pace!

7. Wow...…Praying for your complete recovery...….

8. flamingokid

flamingokid

I'm also a 2 time Leukemia survivor. Car guys have a way of outliving their diagnosis, so prayers for a full recovery. And MidnightRider78, buy that SD.

9. I am also a cancer survivor, diagnosed 31 years ago, and the cancer is controlled by a drug called interferon. Unfortunately, I have never been in remission, and there have been lots of issues, such as the side effects from the drug, but that didn't stop me from enjoying life.
    Bob

10. chopped

chopped

Four year lung cancer survivor, sorry to hijack post but spreading hope is important.

11. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Still trying to work out a time when we can get together and winter is definitely not cooperating. I was supposed to go this week, but they got hammered with snow and the owner asked if we could get together this Saturday. Now they are saying we are supposed to get more snow on Friday or Saturday. GRRRR.

loudbang likes this.
  12. I think I'd pull the trigger since you have a solid lead on a rear door just from this thread. I've always wanted a sedan delivery.

Pufff and loudbang like this.
  13. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

8-year throat cancer survivor and still going strong at 72 ! Cancer is no longer an automatic death sentence - the key is early diagnosis. If something doesn't look or feel right, get to a docter ASAP. Don't try to "man it out".
    Praying for your complete recovery !

14. flamingokid

flamingokid

I would make the time, that is rare unobtanium. Unless you're good friends with the owner, there are a lot of bad things that can happen before you get the time....I wouldn't be able to sleep until it was in my barn :)

raven and loudbang like this.
  15. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I was given that 'wonderful' drug for three months for my Leukemia,, wont say what it did to my brain,,
    Now I am on Tasigna and am 17 years past my use by date,,,
    Never give up! And I have two Utes to finish, and that SD would be in my back yard in a minute!

16. a few years ago, little dearborn, up here in mpls, sold off all the N.O.S. & original parts as they sold the building, & were moving shop. There were N.O.S. sedan delivery rear fenders in the mix, they were selling in the $350-$400 & more range. Finding those doors might be a tough one

loudbang likes this.
  17. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

It's not much of a problem on my end. I just figure if the owner wants me to wait on the weather in order to make his life easier, that's what I'll do.

loudbang likes this.
  18. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Yep, I followed that at the time. If I would have had more storage space, I probably would've bought a few loads of parts. You know what they say about 'ifs' and 'buts'. Lol.

loudbang likes this.