Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is this worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bechtel 56, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Bechtel 56

Bechtel 56

All steel front fenders are from another car the floorplan has been cut out 20181231_143339~3.jpeg 20181231_143339~3.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. I can't tell from the picture if it is a roadster or a roadster pickup. What does the back look like. Are there other parts? Where in general is it located? Argentina? California? What is under the hood? Do we assume the parts we can see are all the parts? The headlight and radiator shell look nice.

Charlie Stephens

3. flatford39

flatford39

"Floor pan has been cut out"

Maybe not as these had wood inserts.

We need more pics and let us know where it is located. Agree with Charlie can't tell if it's a roadster pick up or a roadster. It is 30 31 roadster from what posted so far and maybe a 31 deluxe phaeton. Need a lot more pics.

porknbeaner and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. Wheeliedave

Wheeliedave

The radiator shell is from a 1931 Ford Model A

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. Without more information this is just another ridiculous "What's it worth thread?". :rolleyes:

alanp561, i.rant, LOU WELLS and 9 others like this.
  6. Bechtel 56

Bechtel 56

It's the roadster...rumble seat..no engine. All the chassis is original rear end wheels etc..no interior 31 is the year ...south east usa..

7. Bechtel 56

Bechtel 56

The body is solid not swiss cheese..I just want a general idea? Is it worth 2k or 10k asking for a friend?

8. clem

clem

From the pictures shown, all I can see to be of any use, I’d say $1000.
    More pictures could show a car worth $5-10,000, but all I can see is a good front left guard, a good hood and side panel, and a nice ‘31 grille surround.
    What you term as a solid body doesn’t mean anything to me, as your definition of solid and my definition of solid, could possibly be quite different .

In other words, you are asking some very talented people on here to give you their experienced opinions, (and they are so willing to help), but yet you are giving them virtually no information.

More photos ?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  9. slowmotion

slowmotion

Yep, more pictures if you want a realistic guesstimation. Be interesting to see how the Hamb scores this piece of hotrod fodder, compared to some recent candidates, in the 'not so desirable' category...:eek::D
    From the hip, 2 to 10K...or there abouts...:confused:

10. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

if it's "solid" & has a title.....if i was selling I'd say 5-6Gs, if i was buying, I'd say $4Gs

11. manyolcars

manyolcars

In real life, Value does not have a price like an item on a Walmart shelf.
    Value is ALWAYS determined by whatever the seller accepts and what the buyer is willing to give.
    If some woman says "Get that car out of my yard for free" What is its value? If you sell it for $1000 is that its value if your buyer sells it for $6000? If a HAMBer tells you it is worth $10,000 are you going to offer that much? Really??

12. Bechtel 56

Bechtel 56

Thank you for your opinion my buddy recently inherited this and has no idea of its " worth".. I'm trying to get him to move it inside..thanks again

13. Bechtel 56

Bechtel 56

Unfortunately I was just passing through I only snapped one photo I'll be traveling back though in two weeks possibly I can get a better photos..

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

15. You are obviously not a photographer.:eek: ......just razzing you, its not possible to give an educated guess with so little to go on. It could be anywhere from less than a thousand to almost ten grand, kind of a waste of time to guess with only a single photo to go on.

16. Lets play ebay. I bid $1.63. :D

slv63 likes this.
  17. 5window

5window

There are nice '31 roadsters on sale in Hemming's for $15-18K. You've got a hulk and no engine. Realistically, if you wanted one to drive, you'd be ahead to buy one already done, or at least,running (priced an A engine lately?). If you want to hotrod it, you've still got $1000's to go unless you already have parts and a lot of talent. Bottom line-you're looking at $1000-1500 from me depending on what else will be in other photos.

F-ONE and Hombre like this.
  18. lol at some of these responses.

$2500 or so depending on how solid the quarters are and what's missing from the top mechanism. absolutely nothing you can't get to put this together and there's $12oo in parts, conservatively, just from the picture.

continentaljohn and ClarkH like this.
  19. Squablow

Squablow

Second, exactly what I was thinking. But that's making a lot of assumptions based on what can't be seen.

slv63 likes this.
  20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

the January meeting of the HAMB lowballers club is in full swing here.

21. DOCTOR SATAN

DOCTOR SATAN
    from okc

Is he selling, that's about the only reason to ask.....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. The37Kid

The37Kid

More photos are needed for an honest guess.

Bob

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  23. Why do you want to know what it is worth? If your friend is trying to settle an estate you can use a magazine called "The Old Cars Price Guide" to get a value in print. If the estate has already been settled there may be a value established for the estate, maybe even a professional appraisal (which would have been a waste of money considering what the car is worth). Otherwise, post a lot more pictures. Be sure to get pictures under the hood and pictures of any parts that go with it. One VERY important thing, does it come with a title?

Charlie Stephens

LOU WELLS and Beanscoot like this.
  24. 5window

5window

LOL, yourself. True-you can buy anything you need to put this together. I am not exactly sure why'd you be interested in paying $2500 for $1200 in parts, especially given the time and cost of marketing those parts. Let's be realistic. (or, in my case, old and realistic). If you're going to restore it, it would be cheaper to buy one further along, especially since your engine won't match the frame number. If you're going to hot-rod it, then, at a minimum, you'd need to box the frame and re-do the front axle. A "nice" Model A rod can be had for $15-25K. Don't think you could build one for that from this-unless you have parts sources and pretty good skills. I am sure it could be done by many on the HAMB, but do you want to start with this $2500+ foundation? And, Charlie's right-title is paramount.

upspirate likes this.
  25. 5window

5window

What's your bid?

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  26. Does he have a title - it's getting to be a big thing now days with the DMV's.........

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  27. The37Kid

The37Kid

How much would you expect the seller to knock off if he KEPT the title? OP vehicle has no engine and you can cut the numbers off the frame in 10 minutes or less. Bob

28. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Everybody keeps harping about a title......in some places like AL and GA no title is needed because it never had one to start with! He said it was in a southern state, but not which one, so a title may not exist. I guarantee you if it has always be in AL it never had one, we didn’t get titles until 1975, now after one is 35 years old you no longer need one either. So anything from 1984 back is exempt now.....

jimgoetz and The37Kid like this.
  29. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

2 bucks no higher

30. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

WOW....what are some of you guys doing on a site about BUILDING HOTRODS and talking about it being foolish to build a model A roadster?maybe you should ( or do) participate on a site about knitting or something.....

stanlow69, jimgoetz, Squablow and 2 others like this.