Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects hot rod hood my version.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastcar1953, Dec 31, 2018.

1. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

from another thread posted i decided to make a hood for my truck. had a 45 ford truck hood ,cut it and trimmed to fit. still a work in progress. trying to decide on keeping sides . i did not cut hood in the right spot up front. wasn't planning on side pieces. i bent the center part at 90 degrees after cutting apart. thought about spot welding together , then i thought about a center hinge. all i have for now. DSCF7165.JPG DSCF7166.JPG DSCF7174.JPG DSCF7175.JPG DSCF7176.JPG

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Since the sides only cover about 30% of the side..... I guess it all comes down to what "you" see in your vision.
    Maybe explain what you want to see? or Way do you want a hood? ….
    It's tough to see what's going on in someone else head.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

I like it, a little massaging and your vision might bear fruit, or not

4. Why do you want a hood? Obviously to cover the fact it has a sbc in it!:D

1henry.jpg

5. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

i want a hood top . just unsure about the sides. if i run wire wheels it will tone down the street rod look. it also has a ford hood to cover the sbc not that it bothers me. trying to have different looks depending on my mood. hood will be louvered and painted.

6. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Vehicle is great and the hood is a nice find, but together IMHO it is an incorrect marriage.
    Save the hood for another opportunity...

7. hfh

hfh
    from Western MA

I think the center hinge idea is good. That's an interesting detail on the hood side and if you want to use it yoo might have to get the hood fitting the cowl and shell before really deciding if it looks the way you want it to. It would be fun to see a picture of the whole car with the hood in progress.

8. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

The car looks great.
    The large detail on the hood side does not, to my eye.

fiftyv8 likes this.
  9. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

after looking at it all together i think ill save it for another truck later. maybe just go with hood top on this. DSCF7178.JPG

fiftyv8 likes this.
  10. I honestly believe you made the best decision, the hood top is just to bulky for your truck. HRP

11. I agree with your decision to not use the hood, its got a definite "tractor" vibe going on with that hood.

12. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

thats kinda what i thought. hood top only. thanks