Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical C6 won’t Park

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Clay Belt, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

That’s Florida for you

2. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Alright, back again. Everything is up and running, but I just too, the car out to fill the tank and couldn’t get the transmission to shift. It felt like it was stuck in first, was whining like it was stuck at WOT at 45 and refused to shift. Any thoughts on why that might be?

3. RmK57

RmK57

Check and see if the vacuum hose has come off the modulator. Bottom right side of trans.

Could also be a sticky governor. More work involved to diagnose though, driveshaft, tailshaft housing have to come off.

4. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

Not sure I know what I’m looking for there, kinda learning as I go n

Boneyard51 likes this.
  5. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

Real easy to see, a little round thing about 1 1/2 in diameter with a little snout sticking out, if the hose is off it. Follow the metal line down along side the transmission then there should be a short section of hose kinda making a curve or not going to the modulater.
    Very common problem, acts just like what you described. Sometimes when atf gets on the hose it will swell up and fall off.
    Might also check your kick down rod from your carb to the transmission.
    Bones

6. RmK57

RmK57

7. elba

elba

Ford had a big recall on C-6 shifting linkages. They would fall out of Park and the car could roll . Their fix was to install a caution on your dash .

8. Clay Belt

Clay Belt

I got the parking issue fixed, knocked the linkage apart a little putting the engine in. More concerned by the fact that she’s stuck in first.