Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Registration For Trog?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Time Bandit, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Time Bandit

Time Bandit

Hey Guys, I was wondering if a car had to be registered in order to race in T.R.O.G ? I have been working on my Model A for a while and I was wondering if I needed to register it in Ca? If so im probably out of luck!

2. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

What state do you legally reside in? If you'd put a location with your "screen name", this question wouldn't be necessary, now would it??? AND, for sure it would be much easier to give you a reasonable answer!

flatford39 likes this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

Yes, you have to pre-register, and have your car approved. You can't just show up and race, and not every car that applies gets approved.

4. Time Bandit

Time Bandit

Sorry, Im new & I think I worded this wrong. Do you have to have a state registered car (street car)to enter TROG?
    I live in Ca and my car is not registered. (Its all slapped together) Would I have to register my car in CA before I attempt to register with the Good Ole Oilers down in New Jersey

5. Squablow

Squablow

I doubt it has to have license plates or anything, several belly tanks and other non street legal cars have raced, so I think you're fine there, but you probably still want to contact the event people anyway to be sure.

6. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

Photos of your car?

7. Time Bandit

Time Bandit

It's not much yet, I just keep adding to her whenever I get money! 20181218_210110.jpg 20181218_205513.jpg

8. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

What body is going on it?

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd say that at the Trog event at Pismo beach two years ago 70% of the cars and bikes were not licensed for the street. That isn't an issue a real race cars didn't need license plates.
    I'd say the main thing is study the crap out of the rules they have and make sure that every part and piece on the car fits within those rules.
    Outside of the period correct parts they pretty well limit cars to either a flathead Ford 4 banger or Flathead Ford V8 with very limited exceptions. I'm not even sure if they would accept a 4 cylinder 28 or so Chevy engine in the mix.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. whiteknuckle

whiteknuckle
    from Dryden, NY

I raced a bike this past year. The vehicle did not require registration for the road, but did need to be insured.

11. Time Bandit

Time Bandit

Any Coupe / Any Condition I can find

Torana68 likes this.