Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1946 Cadillac heater controls

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Wicho46, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Wicho46

Wicho46
    from Lompoc

My 1946 Cadillac heater control knobs and cables and wires are missing, so I need help installing new ones. What do these knobs control. Is there a wiring diagram available? Thanks

2. Wicho46

Wicho46
    from Lompoc

Ok. After looking closely. One cable goes to the inside heater control valve, the other cable goes through the firewall to the fresh air intake butterfly valve that would supply fresh air for defrost. But which knob to the cable does what?

3. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

One of the best things an owner can do when owning almost anything is to obtain a factory service manual, original if available, reproduction if not. An online search should produce some available manuals. Try FAXON, I have bought several from them.

4. 37 caddy

37 caddy
    from PEI Canada

Check out the Cadillac Lasalle club forum,they have a great forum,a lot of good guys on it.You will have an answer in less then 2 hours kind of like this forum;). They have a buy and sell section too. Harvey