Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Who was AK Miller

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dan griffin, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Jeff Miller has 0 posts on the HAMB.

2. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

3. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

4. Ak wanted to adopt Jeff, but Jeff's biological dad would not allow it.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    Stogy likes this.
  5. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Ak was friends with Ollie Morris and would use the dynos at Offenhauser from time to time. It was my impression that he forgot more about making horsepower than most people knew going in. Enjoyed several conversations with Ak that stretched the imagination, especially about using LNG/propane.

6. Did Ak tell you about the time he blew the back glass out of his Mustang and burned off his eyebrows? Funny stuff, but you had to hear it from Ak.

Hnstray and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. firingorder1

firingorder1

One of the long time Road Runners told me a great story about Aj and Richard Nixon. I'd love to have heard Ak tell it.

8. Ak grew up in the same Whittier neighborhood as Richard Nixon. The Nixon family owned the local grocery store. One story Ak told was about he and Dick hanging around the store together. Dick snuck in and stole a candy bar, and when questioned about the missing candy bar, Dick blamed it on Ak.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. bundoc bob

bundoc bob

Ak had some kind of deal with Ford way back when and he had a short column or article in every [?] HRM for a while. Always an interesting, unique take on things.