Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

Hi there . I have really enjoyed reading all the threads , and all the help members have given to other members on thier builds . I live in cloverdale b.c canada . I finished my first build last year restoring a 1970 datsun pickup (all original / frame off) big undertaking . I spent this summer driving and enjoying it. I have started my new project that has been in the family i believe since it was new. My dad was given it to him by his uncle (the car hasnt run since 1974 ) . My dad passed away in 2003 and nows the time to bring it back to life , i have alot of memories riding around in it. I look forward everyones advice on my many questions during the build. Hi to all , Russ

Black Fifty and Nicholas Coe like this.
  2. Welcome from Arkansas! What's your latest project? Is it HAMB friendly?

Sent from my Pixel XL using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Black Fifty likes this.
  3. 0nedon

0nedon

Welcome also from the middle of Kansas

Black Fifty likes this.
  4. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

Hi Nicholas , and thank you for the welcome to the site. My new project is a 1951 pontiac chieftain 2dr hardtop sraight 8 4sd hydramatic . It was my dads car and his uncles before that . I think it should fall H.A.M.B friendly ?. Once again thats for the welcome .

5. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

6. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

wbrw32 really sorry to offend you , i guess a was too early to talk about my vehicles. Most people i talk too understand my passion for older cars and bringing them back to life and understand that passion says alot about who i am . Thanks for your input , not really looking for anymore like it - think maybe i might just go to another forum . However i did enjoy the welcome from Nicholas Coe & Onedon . Have a good day. Maybe look for other forum for my 1951 chieftain project

Black Fifty likes this.
  7. Welcome to the site from Abbotsford. I was just in Cloverdale yesterday looking at a 28 A for sale. You'll find lots of info on here.

Black Fifty likes this.
  8. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

Hi hows your day . I thank you for the welcome

Black Fifty likes this.
  9. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

Hi chopped51. I thank you for the welcome . Looking forward to imput from members on build delimeas. Hope my 51 chieftain build goes good .

Black Fifty likes this.
  10. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

welcome. and just ignore the old cranky guy .stick around i think you will like it here.oh post some pics of that pontiac

Black Fifty likes this.
  11. +1, Sawbuck.

Nicholas Coe likes this.
  12. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

Well thank you for your welcome . The positive feedback from members sharing info and their experiences with their and or friends builds is what really drew me to this forum . People that revolve around negativity or put comments out their when they dont know anything about the person i feel are not worth the time listening to. I got better things to do like thanking the members welcoming me aboard, shout out thanks Nicholas Coe/Onedon/chopped51/sawbuck and Black Fifty

Black Fifty and Nicholas Coe like this.
  13. Great! That should be perfect for our group! Are you going with a vintage hotrod vibe or a cool 60s custom? Nick

Black Fifty likes this.
  14. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

Hi sawbuck , thanks for the welcome and encouragement to stick . Well here are couple pics of car at starting point and one getting ready for engine and trans replacement . I am going original -found a rebuilt straight 8 and 4spd hydramatic trans . Again thanks to all with positive vibe . 20150409_160448.jpg 20181215_162941.jpg

15. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

Hey Nicholas . Was undescided at beginning but i was leaning original . After long searching i was able to stumble onto a rebuilt straight 8 and 4spd hydramatic for it . Would like to upgrade to disc front brakes and power booster , so i will be seeking imput from anyone with experience in prior builds. I have followed member tonyvolton pontiac chieftain biuld . My chieftain is a canadian built car , so not sure of the differences if any between canadian /american biult if any at all. With time of year will be taking a break for awhile , back at it in new year.

16. Russ51chieftain

Russ51chieftain

20150409_160448.jpg 20181215_162941.jpg

17. Nice. I can't wait to see pics! Happy Holidays! Christmas%20Vacation%20MAIN.jpeg

Black Fifty likes this.