Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical JAMCO has my appreciation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John Stimac, Nov 30, 2018.

1. John Stimac

John Stimac

Had lots of problems using aerostar front springs in my 51 Merc. Talked to Jorge at Jamco, he enlightened me on how they create the right spring based on motor,trans, weight. I've just installed
    ones they special built, new set of Bilsteens, and a complete new steering linkage from them, and I
    couldn't be happier. The Merc sits right, rides and handles just great. Everything they promised
    including delivery was perfect. When I built the car, I used their disc brake setup and that experience
    was great also.
    John Stimac IMG_6781.jpg IMG_6784.jpg

2. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice Moik....real nice...

3. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

I have used Jamco a couple of times , no problems to report. I know others have had issues, Glad it worked out for you. Great looking Merc.

4. John Stimac

John Stimac

Thanks, here's a photo of the motor DSCN5643.JPG

5. williebill

williebill

Love that car.... pretty damn nice.

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  6. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. slug

slug

Man that is just the way I like them......all of them. Clean, understated and vey well done.

8. loudbang likes this.
  9. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Very sanitary.....

Bitchin'

loudbang likes this.
  10. belair

belair

Righteous

loudbang likes this.
  11. Ya nailed (no pun intended) as usual John

loudbang likes this.
  12. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

I'd really like to have a set of those valve covers. Are they aftermarket or something from Buick? Thanks.

13. Fabber McGee

Fabber McGee

Found my answer after a small amount of research. Apparently those valve covers were factory equipment on 64-65 Buick GS. Repops are available. Expensive, other things I need first, but they are on the eventually list now. Really impressed with your Merc. Sweet.

14. Stooge

Stooge

Beautiful car, great stance and damn cool looking under the hood! that green and the black wall tires is a great look! Glad to hear you had a good experience with jamco, their products fill a good niche, but I've been afraid to buy or recommend them the last few years based on a lot of less than positive stories/ experiences people have had with them.

15. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Used jamco in my 51, worked great

16. Truck64

Truck64
    from Ioway

I believe Performance Online is the same company. They had a pretty good deal on an entire leaf spring kit a few years ago. They told me the springs don't include bushings, so I tracked those down. Not a lot of money for those, but they were wrong about that. Then kept getting the runaround on when they would arrive. "Yeah they are shipped..." Good thing I wasn't on a hard timeline, or it would have been buggered all to hell. When I order something, and they take my money they need to have it in stock and ship it as soon as possible. A week is one thing... This went on for a while.

Talking to them on the phone, it was just a little too hippie dippie California "laid back" for my tastes. I'm pretty laid back too, but business, now that's different. The front shocks they sent were the wrong ones, wouldn't fit. By that time I was done dealing with them, it wasn't worth the aggravation talking to the SOB again to get $50 back or whatever.

Maybe they are better now, but it takes 10 attaboys to make up for one "Oh shit".

5window likes this.
  17. Well....... After all the hatred with Jamco..... I called P.O.L, and inquired about they're new offerings in a Merc disc set up. I got the owner on the phone by chance, and was told he had designed the kit built around his car. We talked in depth, and I went for it. Worked out great, no hassles with the install. Shipping was great also= Timeline/Price. No BS, infact, I got a follow up call to see how things were going, and that they had shorted me some piddly stuff= sent at no charge, and arrived in two days. I guess this is a product review...... I give it the thumbs up.
    Along with that, I run the aerostar springs. The height I wanted/like, Rides nice and smooth, and no worries on my end. So- results may vary, but, I didn't have any issues, and it works great.

flt-blk likes this.
  18. Your Mercuick has the perfect stance.