Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Wiring question: Headlights as turn signals? Or: How to keep the smoke inside the wires with this?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I'd open up those slots below the bumper and put a light there. A flashing headlight sounds like a disaster, especially at night. Just don't do that !

loudbang likes this.
  2. I wonder how far an oncoming car would travel in the fraction of a second it would take to figure out what those non standard lights meant? In the case of an accident, I bet a lawyer would have fun with that question.

Charlie Stephens

loudbang likes this.
  3. That would be a bright turn signal. HRP

4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

There's no cutting the fins out from the backside. ;)
    For all those fearing running afoul of the law, having oncoming drivers confused by headlights as turn signal indicators, I've already decided against the headlights as turn signals, and said so, but it's fun seeing how many people don't bother to read anything but the first couple of posts in a thread... The idea that simply being seen is a huge advantage in traffic is the reason behind pulsating motorcycle headlights, taillights, but, that's a discussion for another message board. :cool:

Attached Files:

5. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Have you found the H4 lights to be satisfactory behind the grills? They sure look like they will be when shined on the shop wall ahead of the car. That looks great, BTW.

6. Since the front turn lights must be YELLOW/ORANGE where will you get the YELLOW/ORANCE headlights?

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This car has been on the road for about 5-years. The owner is happy. No tickets, either.

loudbang and flynbrian48 like this.
  8. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

loudbang likes this.
  9. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Read post #34....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app